Old January 23rd 07, 09:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Carriage nearest platform exit

Can somebody point me to a site which indicates which carriage is
nearest the platform exit for all tube platforms. e.g. at Moorgate, the
platform exit is at the east end of the platform on Metropolitan and
Circle lines while on the Northern line, it is on the 3rd carriage
southbound and 3rd from back northbound - I take it one should not
encourage perverse use of "No exit instead of emergency" which I have
seen suggested to be a synonym for "Short cut".
--
Walter Briscoe

Old January 23rd 07, 10:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Fig Fig is offline

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 10:52:45 -0000, Walter Briscoe
wrote:

Can somebody point me to a site which indicates which carriage is
nearest the platform exit for all tube platforms.

Not sure there's one available on-line, but from Amazon:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Way-Out-Tube-Map/dp/1899743014

--
Fig
Old January 23rd 07, 12:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message op.tmlt3fcym4iaeb@dell of Tue, 23 Jan 2007 11:27:05 in
uk.transport.london, Fig writes
wrote:

Can somebody point me to a site which indicates which carriage is
nearest the platform exit for all tube platforms.

Not sure there's one available on-line, but from Amazon:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Way-Out-Tube-Map/dp/1899743014

I have added "The Way Out Tube Map" to my amazon.co.uk shopping basket
but may buy it from Stanfords if I pass there first. Thanks!

I googled with it and found references to a diagrammatic map where each
link and interchange is proportional to its journey time.
--
Walter Briscoe
Old January 23rd 07, 12:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Walter Briscoe wrote:

I have added "The Way Out Tube Map" to my amazon.co.uk shopping basket
but may buy it from Stanfords if I pass there first. Thanks!

The Way Out Tube Map is great, and the geographic Tube map it has uses
is also nice.
--
Michael Hoffman
Old January 23rd 07, 02:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Walter Briscoe wrote:
Can somebody point me to a site which indicates which carriage is
nearest the platform exit for all tube platforms. e.g. at Moorgate, the
platform exit is at the east end of the platform on Metropolitan and
Circle lines while on the Northern line, it is on the 3rd carriage
southbound and 3rd from back northbound - I take it one should not
encourage perverse use of "No exit instead of emergency" which I have
seen suggested to be a synonym for "Short cut".
--
Walter Briscoe

Northern Line also has a useful exit via FCC.

Old January 23rd 07, 05:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Can somebody point me to a site which indicates which carriage is
nearest the platform exit for all tube platforms.

Not sure there's one available on-line, but from Amazon:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Way-Out-Tube-Map/dp/1899743014

I have added "The Way Out Tube Map" to my amazon.co.uk shopping basket but
may buy it from Stanfords if I pass there first. Thanks!

I googled with it and found references to a diagrammatic map where each
link and interchange is proportional to its journey time.
--
Walter Briscoe

Have you got a link of the map?

Old January 23rd 07, 10:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Michael Hoffman wrote:
Walter Briscoe wrote:

I have added "The Way Out Tube Map" to my amazon.co.uk shopping basket
but may buy it from Stanfords if I pass there first. Thanks!

The Way Out Tube Map is great, and the geographic Tube map it has uses
is also nice.

It should be noted, however, that the Way Out Tube Map has *no*
information on the JLE and ELL, and other items thereon are completely
wrong as it hasn't been updated for quite some time.

Cheers,

Barry
Old January 23rd 07, 11:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Barry Salter wrote:
Michael Hoffman wrote:
Walter Briscoe wrote:

I have added "The Way Out Tube Map" to my amazon.co.uk shopping
basket but may buy it from Stanfords if I pass there first. Thanks!

The Way Out Tube Map is great, and the geographic Tube map it has uses
is also nice.

It should be noted, however, that the Way Out Tube Map has *no*
information on the JLE and ELL, and other items thereon are completely
wrong as it hasn't been updated for quite some time.

Yeah, I try to make corrections to my own map when possible. It's still
better than nothing.
--
Michael Hoffman
Old January 23rd 07, 11:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
Barry Salter wrote:
Michael Hoffman wrote:
Walter Briscoe wrote:

I have added "The Way Out Tube Map" to my amazon.co.uk shopping basket
but may buy it from Stanfords if I pass there first. Thanks!

The Way Out Tube Map is great, and the geographic Tube map it has uses
is also nice.

It should be noted, however, that the Way Out Tube Map has *no*
information on the JLE and ELL, and other items thereon are completely
wrong as it hasn't been updated for quite some time.

One thing to note is that the exits for the Met, Circle and Hammersmith
and City at King's Cross were moved to the opposite ends of the
platform when the new ticket hall was opened.

--
http://www.election.demon.co.uk
"We can also agree that Saddam Hussein most certainly has chemical and biolog-
Old January 28th 07, 10:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message of Tue, 23 Jan
2007 18:54:13 in uk.transport.london, writes

wrote:

Can somebody point me to a site which indicates which carriage is
nearest the platform exit for all tube platforms.

Not sure there's one available on-line, but from Amazon:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Way-Out-Tube-Map/dp/1899743014

I have added "The Way Out Tube Map" to my amazon.co.uk shopping basket but
may buy it from Stanfords if I pass there first. Thanks!

I googled with it and found references to a diagrammatic map where each
link and interchange is proportional to its journey time.
--
Walter Briscoe

Have you got a link of the map?

I apologise for not posting one originally. The following links to
several such maps: http://www.oskarlin.com/2005/11/29/time-travel/

--
Walter Briscoe