Old April 1st 07, 08:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Fig Fig is offline

Default Gold Card

Sorry guys, still struggling to grasp the concept of the gold card. Info
on the net is sparse and confusing.

I have an annual zones1-6 travel card on oyster issued by LU at Finchley
Rd. With it I got a 'Gold Record Card'. I was under the impression that
this would allow me to purchase a one day zone 1-6 travel card for my
friends at a discounted rate. Is this true, because the guy at the ticket
office at Finchley Road told me this was not possible yesterday and I
should go to a rail station to have my benefits explained.

Thought I would tap the knowledge on here first.
Thanks.
--
Fig

Old April 1st 07, 10:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london

I have an annual zones1-6 travel card on oyster issued by LU at Finchley
Rd. With it I got a 'Gold Record Card'. I was under the impression that
this would allow me to purchase a one day zone 1-6 travel card for my
friends at a discounted rate. Is this true, because the guy at the ticket
office at Finchley Road told me this was not possible yesterday and I
should go to a rail station to have my benefits explained.

Must admit I thought you were right. TfL's supplementary fares info dated
from January 2007 (
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...n-jan-2007.pdf )
says that with a Gold card you can:

"Buy Zones 1 - 6 Off-Peak Day Travelcards for friends and family at an adult
reduced price of £4.80 (£1 for accompanying children)*. "

That seens to be what you wanted. It says you can buy them:

"From any National Rail station ticket office. Reduced price Off-Peak Day
Travelcards are also available from Tube station ticket offices."

That seems to be where you where buying them from. It then adds that:

"If your Travelcard is on Oyster, you must show the member of staff at the
National Rail station ticket office your Oyster card and Record Card when
buying a reduced rate ticket or tickets."

That seems to be what you did. So if you are confused so am I as I would
have done exactly the same as you based on the information TfL give out.

Old April 1st 07, 11:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 09:57:54 +0100, Fig wrote:

I have an annual zones1-6 travel card on oyster issued by LU at Finchley
Rd. With it I got a 'Gold Record Card'. I was under the impression that
this would allow me to purchase a one day zone 1-6 travel card for my
friends at a discounted rate.

This is correct. I have been bought all zones (actually 1-D) ODTCs for
£4.80 from LU ticket offices by a friend with a Gold Card on several
occasions, and never had a problem.

(However, we did once try to get the 1/3 discount on a journey to a
National Rail station, and were told that that was only available at
NR ticket offices.)
Old April 2nd 07, 10:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Sam Sam is offline

"Graham J" wrote in message
I have an annual zones1-6 travel card on oyster issued by LU at Finchley
Rd. With it I got a 'Gold Record Card'. I was under the impression that
this would allow me to purchase a one day zone 1-6 travel card for my
friends at a discounted rate. Is this true, because the guy at the ticket
office at Finchley Road told me this was not possible yesterday and I
should go to a rail station to have my benefits explained.

I have had lots of different disputes with LU ticket staff re this type of
ticket.

I now ask for "An all zones discounted Travelcard", this has always resulted
in me actually getting the ticket

Old April 3rd 07, 12:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Fig Fig is offline

On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 11:44:14 +0100, Sam wrote:

"Graham J" wrote in message
I have an annual zones1-6 travel card on oyster issued by LU at
Finchley
Rd. With it I got a 'Gold Record Card'. I was under the impression that
this would allow me to purchase a one day zone 1-6 travel card for my
friends at a discounted rate. Is this true, because the guy at the
ticket
office at Finchley Road told me this was not possible yesterday and I
should go to a rail station to have my benefits explained.

I have had lots of different disputes with LU ticket staff re this type
of ticket.

I now ask for "An all zones discounted Travelcard", this has always
resulted in me actually getting the ticket

Thanks to all for the replies. Going to take Sam's advice and try that
approach next time.

--
Fig