Old July 23rd 07, 01:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default A pipe (was: Worst shift)

In message , asdf
writes

As we had a number of signal failures after the weekend's enforced
drought reduction scheme, I finally ended up 30 mins late at Arnos Grove
- having now driven constantly for 4 hours 45 mins without a break.

Is there a certain time limit after which you *have* to stop driving
(even if it means disruption)?

After 4 hours 15 mins driving you have to take the train to the nearest
sidings or depot. It can't be just left on the main line. As it
happened, I only realised as I was leaving Wood Green, so the nearest
sidings or depot would have been Arnos Grove; and I was due to get off
there anyway.

Old July 23rd 07, 01:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Tom
Anderson writes
On Sun, 22 Jul 2007, Steve Fitzgerald wrote:

I have been known to comment about only having to do half a pipe
after a Down Street or Kings Cross reverse

Half-pipes, eh? You should get on to the skateboarding crowd, might
entice some new recruits!

There doesn't seem to be any shortage of applicants when the jobs get
advertised - Funny that!

As we had a number of signal failures after the weekend's enforced
drought reduction scheme,

Wassat?

The rain
Old July 23rd 07, 01:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Worst shift

In message , asdf
writes

Any shift on the Waterloo & City, surely?

There are some who would kill to get a W&C duty.

Out of interest, why? Isn't it boring as hell?

I would have thought so too (never having worked the line though) but
then some drivers seem to thrive on those sorts of duties. In the olden
days when we still used to run the Aldwych shuttle one of our drivers
would always take that duty off you. He's still about today complaining
about the fact he can't do it any more.
Old July 23rd 07, 02:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007, Steve Fitzgerald wrote:

In message , Tom Anderson
writes
On Sun, 22 Jul 2007, Steve Fitzgerald wrote:

As we had a number of signal failures after the weekend's enforced drought
reduction scheme,

Wassat?

The rain

*headroll*

Note to self: engage brain before newsreader!

tom

--
The exact mechanics are unknown, but a recent sound file revealed the
process to go something like this: WONKA WONKA WONKA WONKA DEOO DEOO
Old July 23rd 07, 02:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"asdf" wrote in message

There are some who would kill to get a W&C duty.

Out of interest, why? Isn't it boring as hell?

1) All the shifts are 'inside turns' - no extreme earlies or lates

2) Some drivers prefer to get out and stretch their legs

3) Some live south of the river and find it more convenient to do the W&C,
rather than travel up to Leytonstone.

Old July 26th 07, 03:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london

www.waspies.net wrote:

I forgot about the Chesham Shuttle it must be dead on Bank Holidays.

43 punters in 4 hours

About 5 per train, so they're running a train when a taxi would do.