Old December 22nd 07, 12:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london, uk.railway

Default Blake Street to Southall Broadway, what ticket do I need?

(Blake Street is a little station on the north side of Birmingham)

When visting London via this route I usually get a day return to
Marylebone on Chiltern, with a zones 1-6 travelcard on the same
ticket. Would this cover me to catch the tube to padington, then the
train to Southall?, then the bus to Southall Broadway

(I have an Oystercard if that is a better option, but as far as I can
see you can't use em on this line)

Old December 22nd 07, 01:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

wrote in message
(Blake Street is a little station on the north side of Birmingham)

When visting London via this route I usually get a day return to
Marylebone on Chiltern, with a zones 1-6 travelcard on the same
ticket. Would this cover me to catch the tube to padington, then the
train to Southall?, then the bus to Southall Broadway

Certainly will. Your current ticket (a day travelcard) already covers you
on all rail, tube and bus services throughout zones 1 to 6. Southall is in
zone 4.

The London Connections map has an explanation in the right hand column - you
should be able to pick one up at Marylebonel.

http://nationalrail.co.uk/system/gal...onnections.pdf

Paul

Old December 22nd 07, 05:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Paul Scott wrote:
wrote in message
(Blake Street is a little station on the north side of Birmingham)

When visting London via this route I usually get a day return to
Marylebone on Chiltern, with a zones 1-6 travelcard on the same
ticket. Would this cover me to catch the tube to padington, then the
train to Southall?, then the bus to Southall Broadway

Certainly will. Your current ticket (a day travelcard) already covers you
on all rail, tube and bus services throughout zones 1 to 6.

Except Heathrow Express and Heathrow Connect to/from Heathrow.

Southall is in
zone 4.

Old December 22nd 07, 09:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london, uk.railway

On Dec 22, 6:04*pm, Philip Hardy wrote:
Paul Scott wrote:
wrote in message

Certainly will. *Your current ticket (a day travelcard) already covers you
on all rail, tube and bus services throughout *zones 1 to 6.

Except Heathrow Express and Heathrow Connect to/from Heathrow.

I'll be someway off course if I end up at Heathrow, though!

Old December 23rd 07, 04:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Fig Fig is offline

Paul Scott wrote:
wrote in message

Certainly will. *Your current ticket (a day travelcard) already

covers you
on all rail, tube and bus services throughout *zones 1 to 6.

Except Heathrow Express and Heathrow Connect to/from Heathrow.

I'll be someway off course if I end up at Heathrow, though!

Probably worth pointing out that you can use a Travelcard on Heathrow
Connect between Paddington and Southall. Travelcards are not valid between
Hayes and Harlington and Heathrow.

--
Fig
Old December 23rd 07, 11:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london, uk.railway

Paul Scott wrote:
wrote:

Certainly will. Your current ticket (a day travelcard) already
covers you
on all rail, tube and bus services throughout zones 1 to 6.

Just to add to that (though it doesn't apply in this particular case)
- any Travelcard, regardless of the zonal combination, can be used to
any London Buses service anywhere in Greater London (and in a few
instances a little way beyond the boundary as well) - i.e. a zones 2-6
Day Travelcard can be used on buses in zone 1.

(Though on Croydon Tramlink, whilst a London Bus Pass can be used, a
Travelcard can only be used if it is valid in any of zones 3/4/5 or 6
- so a zones 1&2 Travelcard is no good.)

Except Heathrow Express and Heathrow Connect to/from Heathrow.

I'll be someway off course if I end up at Heathrow, though!

Probably worth pointing out that you can use a Travelcard on Heathrow
Connect between Paddington and Southall. Travelcards are not valid between
Hayes and Harlington and Heathrow.

Absolutely - and it's important to make that clear as the Heathrow
Connect service in fact provides half of the local stopping trains on
the route between Paddington and Hayes and Harlington (though Heathrow
Connect trains don't stop at Acton Main Line, and on sunday no trains
stop at Hanwell or West Ealing).
Old December 23rd 07, 06:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london, uk.railway
Jon Jon is offline

On 22 Dec, 13:57, wrote:
Would this cover me to catch the tube to padington, then the
train to Southall?, then the bus to Southall Broadway

Yes it would, but there is not point catching a bus from Southall
Station to the Broadway - it is a one-stop journey and unless the
traffic is unusually light it is quicker to walk.

Jon