Old November 15th 03, 10:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london
rob rob is offline

Default The UK march agaimst Bush

I too live, work and pay my taxes in London. I'll be equally damned if
people like you through your demonstrations try to stop me going about my
normal business because of your assumptions and opinions about Bush. As much
as you may support the feelings against him please recognise that there are
many in this country who have the opposite opinion.
Robert Griffith

"Nick Cooper" wrote in
message ...
On 13 Nov 2003 11:45:21 -0800, (Privacy Trap)
wrote:

Perhaps some of the long suffering commuters, earners and
vistors to the capital should also bill the organisers,
who from what I have heard seem to be unwilling to consider
that others have a right to earn a living or enjoy london
in 'peace'.

I commute to Waterloo to work every day. On Thursday, however, I
shall commute to the starting point of the demo instead. I live and
work and pay my taxes in London, so I'll be dammed if someone tells me
I shouldn't attend a demo in my own city.
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk

Old November 15th 03, 11:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"rob" wrote the following in:

I too live, work and pay my taxes in London. I'll be equally
damned if people like you through your demonstrations try to stop
me going about my normal business because of your assumptions and
opinions about Bush. As much as you may support the feelings
against him please recognise that there are many in this country
who have the opposite opinion. Robert Griffith

I thought it was Bush who was demanding the whole city got closed down.
Why is no one saying any of this "I have a right to go about my
business" stuff about him? Anyway, is this protest really going to stop
anyone going about their business anyway? I bet it won't affect me.

--
message by Robin May, but you can call me Mr Smith.
Hello. I'm one of those "roaring fascists of the left wing".

Then and than are different words!
Old November 15th 03, 01:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Pleadings"?
Are you a bloody yank?

No, "pleadings" is the word used by ENGLISH lawyers to describe documents used
to commence and continue proceedings in the civil Courts in England and Wales.
The term covers a multiplicity of documents including Particulars of Claim,
Defence, Counterclaim, Part 23 Claims and many others.

So glad to light your way out of ignorance.

Marc.
Old November 15th 03, 01:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Adequate proof that you didn't witness the 1 million-strong demo a few
months back. The snobbishly-worded stereotupes you describe made up a
tiny fraction of those in attendence, the vast majority of whom
covered all aspects of the social and political spectrum. Looking at
the country as a whole, it's clearly bitter Bush-apologists like you
who are the marginalised minority.
--
Nick Cooper

Oh and what an oppressed, marginalised minority I feel! Get me the number for
The Samaritans ....

Marc.

Old November 15th 03, 01:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I thought it was Bush who was demanding the whole city got closed down.
Why is no one saying any of this "I have a right to go about my
business" stuff about him? Anyway, is this protest really going to stop
anyone going about their business anyway? I bet it won't affect me.

If Bush's advisers are making the demands you suggest, it can only be because
they have leigitimate concerns that, if the demonstrators got anywhere near
Bush (who is, whether you like it or not, an INVITED GUEST in this Country)
they will do to him what some have already stated they will be doing to his
statue.

It seems to me that those who are demonstrating should be doing so primarily
against Blair, at whose suggestion the invitation was made. Once that
invitation has been given, you can hardly blame Bush for accepting it, and then
wishing his safety to be secured.

Marc.
Old November 15th 03, 03:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

(Mait001) wrote the following in:

I thought it was Bush who was demanding the whole city got closed
down. Why is no one saying any of this "I have a right to go about
my business" stuff about him? Anyway, is this protest really going
to stop anyone going about their business anyway? I bet it won't
affect me.

If Bush's advisers are making the demands you suggest, it can only
be because they have leigitimate concerns that, if the
demonstrators got anywhere near Bush (who is, whether you like it
or not, an INVITED GUEST in this Country) they will do to him what
some have already stated they will be doing to his statue.

The demonstrators on the other hand aren't invited guests. They
actually live their lives here, work and earn their living here and
should have a right to express their opinion about a guest they didn't
invite and certainly don't agree with coming here.

It seems to me that those who are demonstrating should be doing so
primarily against Blair, at whose suggestion the invitation was
made.

But it's Bush who they disagree with. I suppose they should also direct
their anger at Bush's mother and father, who allowed him to be born.

Once that invitation has been given, you can hardly blame
Bush for accepting it, and then wishing his safety to be secured.

I don't think it's the accepting of the invitation that they're most
annoyed about.

Old November 15th 03, 04:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Mait001 wrote:
Anyone here know who is organising the march?
I am serioulsy consdiering billing them because thier
actions have meant I have had to cancel a planned trip
with all the resulting problems that causes.

I am seriously consdering sending the organisers of
the march a bill for my time and inconvenience.

Perhaps some of the long suffering commuters, earners and
vistors to the capital should also bill the organisers,
who from what I have heard seem to be unwilling to consider
that others have a right to earn a living or enjoy london
in 'peace'.

Find me an actionable defendant, with sufficient funds to satisfy a judgement
and costs, and I will draft the pleadings for you free of charge!

Marc.

And which group of disrupters are you going to take on next? Football
clubs? Pop groups? The Lord Mayor of London? The Stop Bush march, like
sporting, entertainment and pageantry events, are legal and we just have
to put up with the inconvenience that they cause.

Matthew

Old November 15th 03, 05:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
rob rob is offline

"Nick" wrote in message
Plonker.

Pity your contribution is limited to "plonker" and "are you a bloody Yank"!