Old January 7th 10, 12:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster Extension Permits (OEPs)

In article 01ca8ef5$c1f0dcc0$LocalHost@default, (Michael
R N Dolbear) wrote:

Wait 'til we get (via the Oyster HelpLine) to the cost of 0845 numbers
(cheaper on a landline, more expensive on most mobiles)

http://www.saynoto0870.com suggests
ring 020 7222 5600 (-main TfL Switchboard - ask for Oystercard
Ticketing & Refunds -Available Monday-Friday 8am to 6pm only)

Is 020 7227 7886 not still working?

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old January 7th 10, 04:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jan 3, 12:11*pm, JS wrote:
On 3 Jan, 03:17, Mudchute wrote:

I have a Zone 1 and 2 Travelcard on myOysterand wanted to travel
from Charing Cross to Catford Bridge this Saturday evening and was
hoping to be able to put anOysterExtension Permit on at one of the
ticket machines at Charing Cross but this option wasn't available. I
did manage to top up my PAYG balance though. I decided then to go to
the ticket office and (surprise, surprise) nobody in the ticket office
knew what anOysterExtension Permit was. I told them my situation and
one of them said I could just touch in and touch out at the other end
while someone else told me it would be cheaper if I bought a paper
ticket extension. The TfL website still mentions OEPs so it amazes me
that at a big mainline station like Charing Cross the staff haven't
been trained properly for the launch. Has anyone had similar issues on
other routes?

In the meantime - I reckon the advice was sound - you will be charged
correctly if you simply touch in and out. *(No penalty fare would be
enforceable even if they dared to issue).

Indeed. Today, I travelled from Ladywell to London Bridge on PAYG with
a Z3-4 travelcard: none of my local Oyster retailers knew the first
thing about OEPs when I tried to set one, although the option should
be present on their machines. I was charged the correct PAYG fare for
a Z1-2 journey when I touched out at London Bridge.
Old January 7th 10, 04:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jan 5, 2:37*pm, "Tim Roll-Pickering" T.C.Roll-
wrote:
Paul Terry wrote:

But with OEPs rapidly becoming available on automatic ticket machines
across London, it would probably be necessary to establish that the ticket
machine was broken and there was no other one available nearby.

Yes but as stated elsewhere on the thread there are a number of stations and
operators who don't have theOysterpads on the machines - National Express
doesn't have them at Forest Gate or Stratford; Barking (which operator?)
didn't have them before Christmas.

In adddition, as Rupert says below, Southeastern certainly don't have
an OEP option on the machines which have now been enabled for Oyster.
Old January 7th 10, 05:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
Paul Terry wrote:

But with OEPs rapidly becoming available on automatic ticket machines
across London, it would probably be necessary to establish that the ticket
machine was broken and there was no other one available nearby.

Yes but as stated elsewhere on the thread there are a number of stations and
operators who don't have theOysterpads on the machines - National Express
doesn't have them at Forest Gate or Stratford; Barking (which operator?)
didn't have them before Christmas.

In adddition, as Rupert says below, Southeastern certainly don't have
an OEP option on the machines which have now been enabled for Oyster.

Neither do First Capital Connect, London Midland or London Underground
(on their ex-Silverlink machines)
Old January 7th 10, 08:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote

(Michael R Dolbear) wrote:

Wait 'til we get (via the Oyster HelpLine) to the cost of 0845

numbers
(cheaper on a landline, more expensive on most mobiles)

http://www.saynoto0870.com suggests
ring 020 7222 5600 (-main TfL Switchboard - ask for Oystercard
Ticketing & Refunds -Available Monday-Friday 8am to 6pm only)

Is 020 7227 7886 not still working?

I think that's the one that Saynoto0870 says just gives a recorded
message telling us to call 0845 330 9876

--
Mike D

Old January 7th 10, 11:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
Paul Terry wrote:

But with OEPs rapidly becoming available on automatic ticket machines
across London, it would probably be necessary to establish that the ticket
machine was broken and there was no other one available nearby.

Yes but as stated elsewhere on the thread there are a number of stations and
operators who don't have theOysterpads on the machines - National Express
doesn't have them at Forest Gate or Stratford; Barking (which operator?)
didn't have them before Christmas.

In adddition, as Rupert says below, Southeastern certainly don't have
an OEP option on the machines which have now been enabled for Oyster.

Neither do First Capital Connect, London Midland or London Underground
(on their ex-Silverlink machines)

And neither do London Overground.

However Southern machines do. (I think these seem to be the only
National Rail machines enabled so far)
Old January 8th 10, 12:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article 01ca8fdc$21d896a0$LocalHost@default, (Michael
R N Dolbear) wrote:

wrote

(Michael R Dolbear) wrote:

Wait 'til we get (via the Oyster HelpLine) to the cost of 0845
numbers (cheaper on a landline, more expensive on most mobiles)

http://www.saynoto0870.com suggests
ring 020 7222 5600 (-main TfL Switchboard - ask for Oystercard
Ticketing & Refunds -Available Monday-Friday 8am to 6pm only)

Is 020 7227 7886 not still working?

I think that's the one that Saynoto0870 says just gives a recorded
message telling us to call 0845 330 9876

How recently? I've used it in the past.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old January 8th 10, 10:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 8 Jan, 01:16, wrote:
In article
,

wrote:
Paul Terry wrote:

[...]

I thought this was only promised for January 13th?

--
Colin Rosenstiel

13th January is the date from which the new National Rail validators /
gatelines can be used to pick up Travelcards/PAYG credit purchased
online or by telephone. It doesn't seem to relate to upgrading self-
service machines.
Old January 8th 10, 10:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Matthew Dickinson wrote:

Yes but as stated elsewhere on the thread there are a number of
stations and
operators who don't have theOysterpads on the machines - National
Express
doesn't have them at Forest Gate or Stratford; Barking (which
operator?)
didn't have them before Christmas.

In adddition, as Rupert says below, Southeastern certainly don't have
an OEP option on the machines which have now been enabled for Oyster.

Neither do First Capital Connect, London Midland or London Underground
(on their ex-Silverlink machines)

And neither do London Overground.

They do at Wanstead Park and Woodgrange Road. I'm not sure about the other
LO only stations but I'd be surprised if TfL themselves had dragged their
feet on this (many Overground stations didn't have any ticket machines
before TfL got their hands on them).