Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 17th 10, 06:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster Top-up Queries

I've only recently started using Oyster PAYG on a semi-regular basis. I
topped up on Tuesday using the FCC ticket machine next to the ticket office
at St Pancras International. I have a couple of queries:

(1) The top-up location on my journey history is shown as "Bus". Why would
that be?

(2) I noticed that the machine showed that the Oyster card was loaded with a
Zones 1-4 Weekly Travelcard for a specific week in 2007, and it offered me
the option of renewing it. I have never had any Travelcard loaded on the
Oyster card, indeed I've never used any kind of Weekly Travelcard. I did
wonder whether this situation is in some way related to the fact that this
particular card was one I obtained by post (to Retford) during the short
period that 'free' (i.e. without £3 deposit) cards were on offer. I can't
remember when that was - perhaps 2007? I think that at that time only cards
with a Travelcard loaded were normally issued free, so did TfL load an
'expired' Travelcard on all those free Oyster cards?