Old January 20th 10, 10:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default What happened at Aldgate yesterday (19th)?

While boarding my Picc train yesterday morning, I heard on the tannoy
that there were 'emergency engineering works' at Aldgate, leading to
major disruption of all the subsurface lines (and, apparently the Picc
as well). Does anyone know what happened?

Old January 20th 10, 10:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jan 20, 11:27*am, "Recliner" wrote:
While boarding my Picc train yesterday morning, I heard on the tannoy
that there were 'emergency engineering works' at Aldgate, leading to
major disruption of all the subsurface lines (and, apparently the Picc
as well). Does anyone know what happened?

Train hits scaffolding, apparently:
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...obstruction.do
Old January 20th 10, 10:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 11:27:39 -0000
"Recliner" wrote:
While boarding my Picc train yesterday morning, I heard on the tannoy
that there were 'emergency engineering works' at Aldgate, leading to
major disruption of all the subsurface lines (and, apparently the Picc
as well). Does anyone know what happened?

According to an interview I heard on LBC a train scraped some scaffolding
that was "out of gauge". I assume this means it was hanging down from the
roof and the muppet builders had built it too low. I guess they had to
dismantle it which is why it took so long to reopen everything.

B2003

Old January 25th 10, 08:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Recliner" wrote:
While boarding my Picc train yesterday morning, I heard on the tannoy
that there were 'emergency engineering works' at Aldgate, leading to
major disruption of all the subsurface lines (and, apparently the Picc
as well). Does anyone know what happened?

According to an interview I heard on LBC a train scraped some scaffolding
that was "out of gauge". I assume this means it was hanging down from the
roof and the muppet builders had built it too low. I guess they had to
dismantle it which is why it took so long to reopen everything.

B2003

It appears that you assumed incorrectly then.

Old January 26th 10, 08:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 21:32:11 -0000
"Zen83237" wrote:
wrote in message
According to an interview I heard on LBC a train scraped some scaffolding
that was "out of gauge". I assume this means it was hanging down from the
roof and the muppet builders had built it too low. I guess they had to
dismantle it which is why it took so long to reopen everything.

B2003

It appears that you assumed incorrectly then.

So tell us what happened then.

B2003

Old January 27th 10, 04:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Zen83237" wrote:
wrote in message
According to an interview I heard on LBC a train scraped some
scaffolding
that was "out of gauge". I assume this means it was hanging down from
the
roof and the muppet builders had built it too low. I guess they had to
dismantle it which is why it took so long to reopen everything.

B2003

It appears that you assumed incorrectly then.

So tell us what happened then.

B2003

It says is the post further up. But lets blame muppet builders, scaffolding
hanging from the roof, I am sure that we can Metronet in there somewhere.