Old August 20th 03, 04:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Yesterday i noticed a depression on a bridge

A large depression has formed (very recently- since sunday) on the hangar
lane gyratory system, at a point where it is a bridge crossing the central
line.

Approx location he

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap...=182750&zoom=1
&isp=187&ism=500&arrow=y?9,118

The lane affected is about the third from the right hand side- the large
depression seems to be about 1 metre before some new tarmac which ahs been
laid.

Rang Highways agency: Not interested: TFL problem
TFL closed
Ealing Council Closed
LUL info line: We'll get a manager to call you back.

Manager never called.

Who does one call about such matters such that people take an interest
these days?

The tabliods?

Z.

--
Please remove my_pants when replying by email.

Old August 20th 03, 05:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Zonky wrote:
A large depression has formed (very recently- since sunday)
on the hangar lane gyratory system, at a point where it is
a bridge crossing the central line.

Approx location he

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap...=182750&zoom=1
&isp=187&ism=500&arrow=y?9,118

The lane affected is about the third from the right hand
side- the large depression seems to be about 1 metre before
some new tarmac which ahs been laid.

Rang Highways agency: Not interested: TFL problem
TFL closed
Ealing Council Closed
LUL info line: We'll get a manager to call you back.

Manager never called.

Who does one call about such matters such that people take
an interest these days?

The tabliods?

Z.

Try the police, they'd probably view it as a road traffic hazard and get in
touch with the appropriate individuals who can initiate emergency work.

Old August 20th 03, 11:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Cast_Iron wrote:
Zonky wrote:
A large depression has formed (very recently- since sunday)
on the hangar lane gyratory system, at a point where it is
a bridge crossing the central line.
The lane affected is about the third from the right hand
side- the large depression seems to be about 1 metre before
some new tarmac which ahs been laid.

Rang Highways agency: Not interested: TFL problem
TFL closed
Ealing Council Closed
LUL info line: We'll get a manager to call you back.
Manager never called.

Who does one call about such matters such that people take
an interest these days?

For this road you want TfL Street Management - check the streets section
of the TfL website http://streetfaults.tfl.gov.uk

This includes this:
If you need to report a fault that is serious and very urgent, please
call the Street Faults Contact Centre on 0845 305 1234. This should be
open 24 hours a day.

If the hole is still there in the morning I'll try to pass the message
on myself.

Colin McKenzie
Old August 21st 03, 08:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Colin McKenzie wrote in news:3F4402F4.DAF58A10
@proof-read.co.uk:

For this road you want TfL Street Management - check the streets section
of the TfL website http://streetfaults.tfl.gov.uk

This includes this:
If you need to report a fault that is serious and very urgent, please
call the Street Faults Contact Centre on 0845 305 1234. This should be
open 24 hours a day.

If the hole is still there in the morning I'll try to pass the message
on myself.

Colin McKenzie

If only highways agency were passing on this number instead of the TFL
general number!

I've reported it.

Z.

--
Please remove my_pants when replying by email.
Old August 21st 03, 02:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Zonky wrote in message . 44...
Colin McKenzie wrote in news:3F4402F4.DAF58A10
@proof-read.co.uk:

For this road you want TfL Street Management - check the streets section
of the TfL website http://streetfaults.tfl.gov.uk

This includes this:
If you need to report a fault that is serious and very urgent, please
call the Street Faults Contact Centre on 0845 305 1234. This should be
open 24 hours a day.

If the hole is still there in the morning I'll try to pass the message
on myself.

Colin McKenzie

If only highways agency were passing on this number instead of the TFL
general number!

I've reported it.

Z.

Just for info. the http://streetfaults.tfl.gov.uk/ site can now be
used to report any street fault in London. Whether the road is
maintained by the Highways Agency, London Boroughs, Royal Parks or
themselves - TfL have pledged to forward all reports to the
appropriate authority.

Old August 22nd 03, 01:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I have had a member of the P-Way team look at the fault from the underside
of the bridge... no fault visible that would effect the line. Thanks for
the report. My report also sent to TFL .

Sorry it took so long for you to get in touch wth the right people

Neil

"umpston" wrote in message
om...

. 44...