Old November 20th 03, 11:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default East London Line Extensions

Robin May writes:

And partly that there are very few useful interchanges.

There are actually a few that are fairly good. Stratford...

I'm more familiar with the Western End, maybe the eastern end is
better in this respect. There are no useful interchanges between
Gunnersbury and Willesden Junction. Since I live in South Ealing it
is a a roundabout route to go into Turnham Green and then back out to
Gunnersbury, and usually involves 15 minute or more waits at both
Turnham Green and Gunnersbury. An interchange between the Piccadilly,
or even just the Ealing Broadway branch of the District would be
useful, as would an interchange with the Central line.

Old November 20th 03, 09:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default West Hampstead (was East London Line Extensions)

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message

West Hampstead is crying out for development into a decent interchange:

NLL,
Jubilee Line, Met, Chiltern, Thameslink. Anyone know what the latest
progress is with this?

Chiltern Railways are planning a new development connecting the three
stations, with Chiltern platforms built at the Met station and
redevelopment of West End Lane.

http://www.chilternrailways.co.uk/pa...roduction.html

The page has diagrams of the plans and contact information. The project
seems to be at a very early planning stage.

Thanks for the info. Shame the pictures on the site have such poor
resolution!

Angus

Old November 23rd 03, 08:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Angus Bryant" wrote in message ...
"Dave Arquati" wrote in message

West Hampstead is crying out for development into a decent interchange:

NLL,
Jubilee Line, Met, Chiltern, Thameslink. Anyone know what the latest
progress is with this?

Chiltern Railways are planning a new development connecting the three
stations, with Chiltern platforms built at the Met station and
redevelopment of West End Lane.

http://www.chilternrailways.co.uk/pa...roduction.html

Can't be soon enough for me in that it should put an an end to one of
those ticketing anomalies. If you buy a Saint Albans to London zone
one return ticket
you cannot catch a train from the West End to West Hampstead and
change trains because Hampstead is in zone 2 but are obliged to travel
to the often perilously overcrowded Kings Cross or risk hypothermia at
Blackfriars. Crazy but it's true - By the way has the great Farringdon
isn't a London terminus anomaly been resolved yet and if not who is
holding up sensible reform.
Old November 23rd 03, 11:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Bob Robinson wrote:
[...]

I do the outward journey to Luton frequently... during engineering works
I either have to travel to KX on a Carnet, buy a TL ticket and then get
back on the tube to Kentish Town, or pay the extra which I shouldn't
have to pay to get to West Hampstead and go from there. It's not a major
problem but it's a pain. Last time it took ages since the Northern line
was packed and I had to change at Camden Town.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

Old November 23rd 03, 09:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Peter Lawrence
writes
A flyover north of NXG is the plan. I can't remember if a diveunder would
suit the topography better, but construction of a flyover requires much less
possession of the mainline, which was a major issue in the eyes of the
project team.

But there used to be a dive-under for this purpose.

Not at NXG. Facing London, the line curved to the left climbing to cross
over Coldblow Lane. It then ran on embankment right at the back of The
Den, then turned right before merging with the Old Kent Road branch just
before the canal.

--
Clive D.W. Feather, writing for himself | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: