Old October 8th 03, 10:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Zone extensions with Oyster?

My flatmate has a monthly Zone 2-3 TC on her shiny new Oyster card.
What's the deal at the moment with ticket extensions if she needs to
travel into Zone 1?

Old October 8th 03, 01:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
Nick Cooper 625 wrote:
My flatmate has a monthly Zone 2-3 TC on her shiny new Oyster card.
What's the deal at the moment with ticket extensions if she needs to
travel into Zone 1?

At the moment I get a paper one, and show itat the gateline, muttering
something about my Oyster not having Zone 1.

--
Good night little fishey-wishes.... I've counted you, so no
sneaky eating each other.

Old October 8th 03, 04:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Rob Rob is offline

"Mike Bristow" wrote in message
In article ,
Nick Cooper 625 wrote:
My flatmate has a monthly Zone 2-3 TC on her shiny new Oyster card.
What's the deal at the moment with ticket extensions if she needs to
travel into Zone 1?

At the moment I get a paper one, and show itat the gateline, muttering
something about my Oyster not having Zone 1.

Extensions and Oyster are a total shag. I have a zone 1-2 but my girlfriend
lives in zone 3, therefore when I go round to hers from work (Zone 1) I have
to convince the man/woman in the ticket office that I just want a ticket
from X to Y (where X is the Zone 2/3 boundary on the line and Y is the
destination) and that this blue bit of plastic covers the rest.

Said ticket from X to Y costs £1.10.

Of course the ticket office is always very busy (at Charing Cross) so I
can't get to the ticket office because there's a c.10 person queue and end
up having to buy a ticket for the entire journey @ £2.20 (or £2.10, can't
remember) or miss the train. So that's a free quid "they" are getting
everytime I go to my girlfriend's.

I spose I could dump her to stop this problem but we've just got engaged so
it wouldn't be my preferred option.

Old October 8th 03, 04:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Unless I'm very much mistaken, it was Rob
), in message
who said:
Extensions and Oyster are a total shag. I have a zone 1-2 but my
girlfriend lives in zone 3, therefore when I go round to hers from
work (Zone 1) I have to convince the man/woman in the ticket office
that I just want a ticket from X to Y (where X is the Zone 2/3
boundary on the line and Y is the destination) and that this blue bit
of plastic covers the rest.

Said ticket from X to Y costs £1.10.

Of course the ticket office is always very busy (at Charing Cross) so
I can't get to the ticket office because there's a c.10 person queue
and end up having to buy a ticket for the entire journey @ £2.20 (or
£2.10, can't remember) or miss the train. So that's a free quid
"they" are getting everytime I go to my girlfriend's.

I spose I could dump her to stop this problem but we've just got
engaged so it wouldn't be my preferred option.

Don't be so ungrateful.

If I was lucky enough to be engaged, the last thing I'd waste my time doing
would be complaining about tickets. In the same situation, I'd have a card
covering all the necessary zones, and be done with it.

Stop taking the ****. There's loads of single, lonely, unhappy people out
there. Just think about that next time you're paying the extra £1.20.

BTN

Old October 8th 03, 08:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Nick Cooper 625" wrote in message
om...
My flatmate has a monthly Zone 2-3 TC on her shiny new Oyster card.
What's the deal at the moment with ticket extensions if she needs to
travel into Zone 1?

She buys a Zone 1 extension from the ticket office or multifare machine?

Old October 8th 03, 09:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
Rob wrote:
Of course the ticket office is always very busy (at Charing Cross) so I
can't get to the ticket office because there's a c.10 person queue and end
up having to buy a ticket for the entire journey @ £2.20 (or £2.10, can't
remember) or miss the train. So that's a free quid "they" are getting
everytime I go to my girlfriend's.

I think single zone extensions are available from the larger
touch-screen vending machines - certainly the ones at Finchley
Cenral and Leytonstone do. Under the "other tickets" section, I
think.

Old October 9th 03, 08:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Ben Nunn" wrote in message

Don't be so ungrateful.

If I was lucky enough to be engaged, the last thing I'd waste my time

doing
would be complaining about tickets. In the same situation, I'd have a card
covering all the necessary zones, and be done with it.

Stop taking the ****. There's loads of single, lonely, unhappy people out
there. Just think about that next time you're paying the extra £1.20.

LOL! "my lovelife has improved loads since i got my oyster...."

Old October 9th 03, 09:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 21:24:08 +0100, "Robin Mayes"
wrote:

"Nick Cooper 625" wrote in message
. com...
My flatmate has a monthly Zone 2-3 TC on her shiny new Oyster card.
What's the deal at the moment with ticket extensions if she needs to
travel into Zone 1?

She buys a Zone 1 extension from the ticket office or multifare machine?

Sorry, should have been clearer. The question is more related to the
fact that with a paper extension, the Oyster won't get swiped at the
other end. Will extensions "eventually" go on your Oyster card?
We've already heard horror stories that with PAYG we'll get charged
the full whack for a supposed "incomplete journey" if the gates are
open/not working and you don't/can't swipe the card at the other end.
A lot of the Oyster documentation/the web-site is pretty vague at the
best of times, but I don't think I've seen anything "official" that
even mentions extensions.
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk
Old October 9th 03, 09:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"spammy" wrote in message

LOL! "my lovelife has improved loads since i got my oyster...."

Better TM that quick, or they'll use it on the website!

Old October 9th 03, 09:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Nick Cooper" wrote in
message ...

Sorry, should have been clearer. The question is more related to the
fact that with a paper extension, the Oyster won't get swiped at the
other end. Will extensions "eventually" go on your Oyster card?
We've already heard horror stories that with PAYG we'll get charged
the full whack for a supposed "incomplete journey" if the gates are
open/not working and you don't/can't swipe the card at the other end.
A lot of the Oyster documentation/the web-site is pretty vague at the
best of times, but I don't think I've seen anything "official" that
even mentions extensions.

Once all tickets are available on Oystercards (when PAYG is introduced) I
see no reason why extension tickets cannot be loaded onto them. I just hope
they iron out the "issues" that are already in evidence before PAYG is
introduced though.