Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 25th 10, 12:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Stratford Signage, National Rail -- DLR platforms

On Friday, I arrived at Stratford Station by train, and started following
the signs for the DLR platforms. These all pointed in the same direction
as "Way Out". The last sign for DLR I saw pointed me straight ahead,
towards the main station exit gate line.

When I reached the main station exit, there were no further visible signs
for the DLR. The last one I saw pointed me straight out through the ticket
gates. If I had followed the signs, I would have gone straight out through
the gates into the outside world. It's only because I realised that I
really didn't want to exit the station that I asked an official where the
DLR platforms were.

Apparently, you have to about-turn and look backwards to see where the DLR
is.

This is crap, and I would imagine leads to an awful lot of people going
out of the station looking for the DLR, then having to talk their way back
in having discovered their "mistake".

Is there anyone I can moan at about this?

Thanks.