Old March 9th 10, 11:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london
CJB CJB is offline

Default Freedom Pass "Expiring Soon"

On Feb 2, 3:55*pm, "Batman55" wrote:
"John Ray" wrote in message

On 01/02/2010 22:45, Batman55 wrote:

I did know about the photo requirement, having had a letter from the
Council about a month ago which detailed the procedure. I had however
forgotten that the renewal dates were imminent, which is why, no doubt,
was getting the warning messages. Anyway, I downloaded the form and took
it with ID etc and a photo to the Post Office this afternoon. Thanks to
all for the advice.

--
John Ray

I did the same, but the queue was so long (even longer than
pre-Christmas)
that I gave it up as a bad job. Try again tomorrow maybe.

MaxB

I had to queue for nearly 25 minutes.

--
John Ray

Went back today (only a 15 minute queue) to find a badly written sign saying
"Sorry UNABLE to process freedom cards"! and don't know when they will be..

Good thing I just love queuing in the Post Office.

MaxB- Hide quoted text -

The issuing of the new Freedom Passes is turning into a fiasco. A
number of London Councils are reporting delays. I applied for mine as
early as possible - actually about 6 weeks ago. IT HAS STILL NOT
ARRIVED. Yet there is no-one that will take ownership of this. The
Council said I had to report it to the Post Office. The PO said to
phone a premium rate 0845 no. - but this was always engaged. Emails to
the Council Complaints address results in no useful advice. I know
that no delivery has been attempted because no 'red card' has been
left. Bearing in mind the high value of these Passes I am suspecting
that the postal sorting staff have lost or stolen it.

CJB.

Old March 9th 10, 11:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mar 9, 12:32*pm, CJB wrote:
[snip]
The issuing of the new Freedom Passes is turning into a fiasco. A
number of London Councils are reporting delays. I applied for mine as
early as possible - actually about 6 weeks ago. IT HAS STILL NOT
ARRIVED. Yet there is no-one that will take ownership of this. The
Council said I had to report it to the Post Office. The PO said to
phone a premium rate 0845 no. - but this was always engaged. Emails to
the Council Complaints address results in no useful advice. I know
that no delivery has been attempted because no 'red card' has been
left. Bearing in mind the high value of these Passes I am suspecting
that the postal sorting staff have lost or stolen it.

OH MY GOD IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD.

Sounds like things are not going completely smoothly. Given this I'm
quite sure that the old passes will continue to be accepted for travel
after 31 March, if not by the validators then by visual inspection.

Being brutal, it sounds as though this is one of those kinds of things
that people who haven't got anything better to do decide to get worked
up about. I know a couple of people who's new pass hasn't arrived yet
and they're not stressing out about it.

Dunno why I'm bothering to write this though...
Old March 9th 10, 12:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mar 9, 12:55*pm, Mizter T wrote:

On Mar 9, 12:32*pm, CJB wrote:
[snip]
[...]

In retrospect the above was a bit harsh. I can see someone who relies
on their Freedom Pass for getting around being a bit worried if the
replacement hadn't turned up despite them applying in plenty of good
time. Hard to say whether CJB's problem is that the replacement has
not yet been processed by London Councils (well, their contractor), if
the card has been produced but got lost in the post, or some other
problem such as the approved application form never making it beyond
the Post Office to London Councils (my experience is that POs are
actually quite good at dispatching such paperwork though).
Old March 9th 10, 01:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message
, CJB
writes

The issuing of the new Freedom Passes is turning into a fiasco. A
number of London Councils are reporting delays. I applied for mine as
early as possible - actually about 6 weeks ago. IT HAS STILL NOT
ARRIVED. Yet there is no-one that will take ownership of this. The
Council said I had to report it to the Post Office. The PO said to
phone a premium rate 0845 no. - but this was always engaged. Emails to
the Council Complaints address results in no useful advice.

Have you used the tracker at http://tracker.freedompass.org/ ?
Enter your tracking number (which is on the receipt from the Post
Office) and you should get an idea of the current stage of the
application. Of course, if it has been dispatched but has not arrived,
that is going to be down to Royal Mail.

(I am assuming that you applied at the Post Office, and are not in one
of the three London boroughs that don't use the Post Office for Freedom
Pass applications)

FWIW, mine took about four weeks to arrive.
--
Paul Terry
Old March 9th 10, 06:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJB CJB is offline

On Mar 9, 2:18*pm, Paul Terry wrote:
In message
, CJB
writes

[...]

My application was indeed made through the local Post Office in mid-
January. And apparently the new Freedom pass was processed and issued
within the 10 day target - at the end of January - that is over 6
WEEKS AGO. However apparently it was then sent to the wrong flat
address - unbeknown to me - and then was never returned to the sender.
That is an attempt to deliver it was made and someone unauthorised
signed for it; OR the sorting office never attempted a delivery
anyway. However an amount of mail sent to our flats has been
'lost' (suspected stolen) by the staff at our local sorting office
over the last year or so (and this is subject to a separate joint
complaint to senior management - assuming that they care). We suspect
that my original Pass has also been stolen since no delivery was
attempted at the flat to which it was addressed (the occupants claimed
neve to have seen it - and I believe them since I've known them for a
long time), and it was never returned to the sender. The lost / stolen
Pass has now been invalidated. Now a new one has been re-issued and
arrangements are being made for me to collect it in person. Seems to
me that the postal staff are out of control and can do what they like
- especially now that they have won their pay rise. CJB.