Old March 16th 10, 08:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default 020 7222 1234 working again

No "call another number" message. I didn't see any announcement. When did
that happen?

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old March 16th 10, 11:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mar 16, 8:05*pm, wrote:
No "call another number" message. I didn't see any announcement. When did
that happen?

Because it hasn't stopped working... yet.

See: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/contact/13879.aspx

In particular the bit at the bottom that reads
---quote---
If you call 020 7222 1234
In the meantime, you'll be transferred to the new number at no extra
charge.
---/quote---

Presumably it will be switched off sometime soon. Which is pretty
rubbish, given the extra cost of the new number, in particular from a
mobile. I really think this change is pretty pathetic.

Anyhow, can anyone say when the ABBey/ 222 1234 enquiry number was
first in operation? And were there any telephone enquiry services
offered beforehand, possibly even in pre-LTPB days?
Old April 5th 10, 02:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Q Q is offline

wrote in message
In article
,

Odd. I'll swear I got a recorded message telling me something like that
last time I called it.

Perhaps I'm getting confused with the Oyster "help" line whose 020 7222
xxxx number is unobtainable now.

I have had ongoing discussions with TfL about both the 1234 and 1200 number
for travel information.

As stated on the website the 1234 number will be working for some time to
come (Given that people like Metro/ES still publish it in there travel
section, along with almost everyone else on the web, and college/Uni) It
should divert you through to the new service.

The 1200 number has been somewhat hit & miss (Although apparently it's not
been advertised for *years* - can someone say when it was last advertised?)

After lengthy discussion TfL have said they will keep the 1200 number
updates with real-time information only - no other updates for engineering
or planned closures will be posted there any longer. However some day's I've
noticed its not been updated at all, or still says the service is closed for
the night!

It may just be me, but I've not figured out from the new number, or even the
1234 number how to get the recorded summary of service yet. All it's
interested in is me planning a journey which is not what I want. A call to
check the service takes me about 9 sec, to go through the other route - the
closest I've got was actually talking to an agent, but that took almost 4
mins.

Whilst I do have internet on one of my phones its still always quicker to
call for info rather than fire up the browser, connect (long as its not rush
hour in town) and navigate through to the tube section.

If someone has found where to get the real time info off the new number
please do let me know!

Old April 6th 10, 12:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Apr 5, 2:43*pm, "Q" ..@.. wrote:

I have had ongoing discussions with TfL about both the 1234 and 1200 number
for travel information.

As stated on the website the 1234 number will be working for some time to
come (Given that people like Metro/ES still publish it in there travel
section, along with almost everyone else on the web, and college/Uni) It
should divert you through to the new service.

All the blurb I quoted upthread said that if you called 1234 "in the
meantime" you'd be transferred to the new service. TfL could easily
arrange for a free "this number has changed to..." announcement
instead sometime soon (which wouldn't transfer the call).

The 1200 number has been somewhat hit & miss (Although apparently it's not
been advertised for *years* - can someone say when it was last advertised?)

Dunno, but no time recently.

After lengthy discussion TfL have said they will keep the 1200 number
updates with real-time information only - no other updates for engineering
or planned closures will be posted there any longer. However some day's I've
noticed its not been updated at all, or still says the service is closed for
the night!

It may just be me, but I've not figured out from the new number, or even the
1234 number how to get the recorded summary of service yet. All it's
interested in is me planning a journey which is not what I want. A call to
check the service takes me about 9 sec, to go through the other route - the
closest I've got was actually talking to an agent, but that took almost 4
mins.

Call the 1234 number, and the second option read out is "For live and
planned engineering works on all modes of transport, press 2" - press
it, then there's a submenu that says "For status updates on London
Underground, please press 1; for London Buses, press 2... [etc]".

If you press 1 for LU, then you just get a single recorded message
with all the current info. In actual fact, I've just called the 1200
number and its exactly the same as this 'press 2' submenu on 1234.

The problem is the 1234 number doesn't call this "status updates" but
"live and planned engineering works", which is misleading - a
passenger who's fallen ill on a train which is disrupting things is
not an engineering works issue.

Whilst I do have internet on one of my phones its still always quicker to
call for info rather than fire up the browser, connect (long as its not rush
hour in town) and navigate through to the tube section.

Agreed.

If someone has found where to get the real time info off the new number
please do let me know!

See above!

ABBey 1234 (020 7222 1234) enquiry number is no more Mizter T London Transport 15 August 25th 21 10:12 AM
Oxford Street trams - again - again Mwmbwls London Transport 14 November 18th 07 02:04 PM
0207 222 1234 London Transport 52 April 19th 07 01:03 AM
Other Metro working on 25/12? Malcolm & Nika London Transport 9 May 15th 05 10:54 PM
Oyster bus pre-pay - working for me Steph Davies London Transport 8 February 5th 04 08:24 PM