Old May 29th 10, 11:48 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Yellow front panels

On Fri, 28 May 2010 14:11:56 -0700 (PDT), D7666
wrote:

On May 26, 8:27*pm, Bruce wrote:

http://www.railcolor.net/index.php?nav=1406571&lang=1

Ooh ... looks quite cute. *;-)

IMHO these things are tending towards looking a lot like the same
these days, perhaps this is the impact of TSIs putting so many
engineering limits that the only practical working solution makes them
look the same.

Just like the cars of a few years ago that all looked like bars of
soap.

(For those younger than 30, soap used to be a solid, not a liquid, and
it came in solid bars that you rubbed over your wet skin. Or your
partner's wet skin. Oo-er, missus!)

I sort of kind of like this :

http://parovoz.com/newgallery/pg_vie...LNG=EN#picture

which is the latest thing out of China for Uzbekistan, this s one of
the new CoCo in delivery right now, the last lot (the third loco back)
is one of the earlier BoBoBo. Its a fairly simple external layout,
clean apart from that fussy grille on the front end, speculate that
has something to so with cab cooling.

I like it too, for its rugged Tonka-like simplicity.

I want one! HO scale please. ;-)

Old May 29th 10, 06:56 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On May 29, 12:48*pm, Bruce wrote:

I like it too, for its rugged Tonka-like simplicity.

Tonka LOL but thats a very good term to use for that.

I want one! *HO scale please. *;-)

Main line loco DF11G which is a twin CoCo i.e. 2(CoCo) looks sort of
similar but much much more cluttered arrays of body grilles. These
work throughout on all of the Beijing Shanghai overnights amongst
other stuff.

I'm sure someone was gibbering in a pub conversation about models are
available, modelling is not my scene though.

There is a Chinese domestic electric loco type SS9G that also looks
similar but not quite.

If you web search you need the G suffix on both DF11G and SS9G to get
the body styles I mean, non G prefix look a lot different.

--
Nick
Old May 30th 10, 12:18 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Sat, 29 May 2010 11:56:23 -0700 (PDT), D7666
wrote:

On May 29, 12:48*pm, Bruce wrote:

I like it too, for its rugged Tonka-like simplicity.

Tonka LOL but thats a very good term to use for that.

I want one! *HO scale please. *;-)

Main line loco DF11G which is a twin CoCo i.e. 2(CoCo) looks sort of
similar but much much more cluttered arrays of body grilles. These
work throughout on all of the Beijing Shanghai overnights amongst
other stuff.

I'm sure someone was gibbering in a pub conversation about models are
available, modelling is not my scene though.

There is a Chinese domestic electric loco type SS9G that also looks
similar but not quite.

If you web search you need the G suffix on both DF11G and SS9G to get
the body styles I mean, non G prefix look a lot different.

Thanks. I have an small but eclectic collection of HO models, mainly
US outline, but basically I will consider buying almost anything I
like the look of in terms of its "industrial design", or anything hand
crafted in brass by Tenshodo.