Old April 27th 10, 10:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default The Piccadilly Line

wrote in message
On 27/04/2010 17:16, Steve Fitzgerald wrote:
In message
, Fat
richard writes

What's the Big Upgrade?

Allegedly stock n' signalling similar to what they're trying to get working
on the Jubilee at the moment, I wouldn't hold your breath mind...

--
Cheers, Steve.
Change jealous to sad to reply.

Old April 27th 10, 10:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Apr 27, 11:14*pm, "Steve Dulieu"

What's the Big Upgrade?

Allegedly stock n' signalling similar to what they're trying to get working
on the Jubilee at the moment, I wouldn't hold your breath mind...

There's an 'age of austerity' to get through first, which doesn't
sound especially promising...
Old April 28th 10, 08:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 23:14:08 +0100
"Steve Dulieu" wrote:
Allegedly stock n' signalling similar to what they're trying to get working
on the Jubilee at the moment, I wouldn't hold your breath mind...

Lets hope they don't use stock similar to any of the new stuff out on the
system at the moment. The one good thing about the piccadilly line is the
trains - reliable and comfy.

B2003

Old April 28th 10, 12:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Steve Dulieu" wrote:
Allegedly stock n' signalling similar to what they're trying to get
working on the Jubilee at the moment, I wouldn't hold your breath
mind...

Lets hope they don't use stock similar to any of the new stuff out on
the system at the moment. The one good thing about the piccadilly
line is the trains - reliable and comfy.

Falls off chair!Boltar is happy with something!back to normal

Old April 29th 10, 07:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Steve *wrote:
Allegedly stock n' signalling similar to what they're trying to get working
on the Jubilee at the moment, I wouldn't hold your breath mind...

Lets hope they don't use stock similar to any of the new stuff out on the
system at the moment. The one good thing about the piccadilly line is the
trains - reliable and comfy.

B2003

Compared to the 378s on the ELL, I prefer the 96TS seats!!!

E.

--
"It's better to have and not need, than to need and not have..."

Posting from Arnos Grove.

Got Cockfosters Station at 0757, made a silly error in not boarding
the train at Platform 1 where the signal was green as I thought I
wouldn't have time to get from concourse to platform
in time : it actually waited 3 minutes on a green signal before
departing (I didn't make it) and boy did that cost me. Next train left
so soon after I didn't have time to get from P1 to P4 so left about
0803. It's now 0819 and just at Srnos Grove.

"Good Service"
Old April 29th 10, 07:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Steve *wrote:
[...]

Got to Green Park at 0855. I have experienced a "minor" delay.
Old April 29th 10, 08:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 00:19:35 -0700 (PDT)
Railist wrote:
Posting from Arnos Grove.

Got Cockfosters Station at 0757, made a silly error in not boarding
the train at Platform 1 where the signal was green as I thought I
wouldn't have time to get from concourse to platform
in time : it actually waited 3 minutes on a green signal before
departing (I didn't make it) and boy did that cost me. Next train left
so soon after I didn't have time to get from P1 to P4 so left about
0803. It's now 0819 and just at Srnos Grove.

"Good Service"

Since I no longer commute by tube I feel it is only proper to hand over
the official UTL Piccadilly Line Sufferers Baton to you. I wish you as
few "a good service is running" , "we'll remain here to regulating the
service", "signal failure at arnos grove" and "this train will be terminating
here" as possible.

Happy travels! Or should that be travelcards?

B2003

Old June 28th 10, 12:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
Posting from Arnos Grove.

Got Cockfosters Station at 0757, made a silly error in not boarding
the train at Platform 1 where the signal was green as I thought I
wouldn't have time to get from concourse to platform
in time : it actually waited 3 minutes on a green signal before
departing (I didn't make it) and boy did that cost me. Next train left
so soon after I didn't have time to get from P1 to P4 so left about
0803. It's now 0819 and just at Arnos Grove.

"Good Service"

Since I no longer commute by tube I feel it is only proper to hand over
the official UTL Piccadilly Line Sufferers Baton to you. I wish you as
few "a good service is running" , "we'll remain here to regulating the
service", "signal failure at arnos grove" and "this train will be terminating
here" as possible.

Happy travels! Or should that be travelcards?

B2003

And so it continues...

It's currently 01:36 and I have just got off the Nightbus from Kings
Cross (N91). Why did I get the nightbus?
I waited on the Eastbound Piccadilly Line platform at Kings Cross for
at least 15 minutes. The electronic display was blank, however this is
not unusual
as there were "Minor Delays" and of course I have learned that minor
delays on the Piccadilly Line are a special kind of delay, and 15
minutes is indeed, minor. No staff on the platform. After another 6 or
7 minutes a fellow passenger presses the Help panel on the platforms
to ask when the next train will be. The voice - via speakerphone -
says "Dunno, but I do know when the last train is". Shortly after, an
announcement is made the next train at Kings Cross is 25 MINUTES AWAY.
No apology, no explanation. A groan goes up from the passengers on the
platform... and I just know what the display upstairs will say.

You guessed it - MINOR DELAYS.

Last week, I sat on a train at Arnos Grove and after five minutes was
told "The train on the adjacent platform will be leaving first".
Myself and the other passengers duly moved over to the other train and
sat there, and after five minutes were told "The train on the adjacent
platform will be leaving first". So we traipse back onto the train we
just left, and after a minute the train leaves. "Good Service"

I can't recall any journey I have made on this line where I haven't
had a delay somewhere en route.... several times the announcements at
Cockfosters of when trains will leave haven't worked, and it is
literally pot luck as to what train will leave first. I played that
game again last week, and the train sitting at the green signal was
the last one to leave, after numerous other trains arrived and
departed. My driver did enjoy their coffee, I saw that.

I have been late every day this week - I just can't win with this
friggin' line. On Friday morning, I left 30 minutes early and reached
Cockfosters where there was a points failure. They were advising
people to take the Bus 299 to Oakwood - except, er, during the day
there are no buses to Oakwood from Cockfosters.

As soon as my lease is up, I am scampering back to South London and
the relative reliability of a Southern service.

Moving to Cockfosters was always going to be difficult - but the
knowledge of having a direct tube service to central London made the
move easier. What a shame that the Piccadilly Line is the thing that
has made me give up on this part of the world.

Old June 28th 10, 04:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message
,
Railist writes

several times the announcements at Cockfosters of when trains will
leave haven't worked, and it is literally pot luck as to what train
will leave first. I played that game again last week, and the train
sitting at the green signal was the last one to leave, after numerous
other trains arrived and departed

At Cockfosters you say?

Impossible unless all the others were going past red signals, and that's
frowned upon big style (like it's your job on the line). Maybe the
other trains were going into the depot. That's the big place over to
the right where the General Public are not generally welcome, hence you
not being invited to travel there.

Methinks you've been reading too much Daily Mail/Boltar.