Old April 25th 10, 01:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Tube test train drivers

I met one today... I had no idea that anyone did that as their full job.
Do they get paid more or less than a normal driver, and more or less
than a T/op?

Old April 25th 10, 05:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Apr 25, 2:53*am, Basil Jet wrote:
I met one today... I had no idea that anyone did that as their full job.
Do they get paid more or less than a normal driver, and more or less
than a T/op?

They get paid more than a Train Operator as they have to know all
stocks and all lines. They also rake in the overtime as they can be
stuck in depots and sidings for operational reasons.
Old April 25th 10, 09:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 25/04/2010 06:55, upinthesky wrote:
On Apr 25, 2:53 am, Basil wrote:
I met one today... I had no idea that anyone did that as their full job.
Do they get paid more or less than a normal driver, and more or less
than a T/op?

They get paid more than a Train Operator as they have to know all
stocks and all lines. They also rake in the overtime as they can be
stuck in depots and sidings for operational reasons.

Always thought that a driver would work both hauling passengers and that
testing trains would be some sort of special assignment.

You would nonetheless require a higher qualification.
Old April 25th 10, 11:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 25/04/2010 02:53, Basil Jet wrote:
I met one today... I had no idea that anyone did that as their full job.
Do they get paid more or less than a normal driver, and more or less
than a T/op?

The last bit was supposed to be "more or less than an instructor operator"

"Test" train at Highbury & Islington Roger[_2_] London Transport 4 February 4th 11 09:45 PM
Asfordby to be used to test air conditioned tube trains Goalie of the Century London Transport 17 March 24th 07 06:03 PM
Train drivers London Transport 33 January 7th 07 02:45 PM
Underground Train Drivers and Personal Hi Fi's Kevin Rayner London Transport 25 September 27th 04 12:25 PM
Oystercard-style test in Orlando Fustanella London Transport 1 August 22nd 03 12:52 PM