Old February 4th 11, 06:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default "Test" train at Highbury & Islington

I'm not a regular user of Highbury & Islington so I don't know
how long this has been going on. A (DC only) train drew in to
platform 1 at approximately 15:15 today. After the driver and a
few other people had changed ends it left.

Platform 1 is the most southbound. If was the westbound NLL
platform. As far as I can see it can only be used for
terminating trains from the ELLE. Hopefully, they'll be running
a service which the public can use before the official opening,
much as they did with Dalston Junction.
--
Roger

Old February 4th 11, 07:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Roger" wrote in message
I'm not a regular user of Highbury & Islington so I don't know
how long this has been going on. A (DC only) train drew in to
platform 1 at approximately 15:15 today. After the driver and a
few other people had changed ends it left.

Test trains were running during the first week in January.

NRES online planner has the 8 tph service available from the 27th of this
month. However posts in District Dave's forum predict an even earlier start
than that, possibly on the 17th or 18th...

Paul S

Old February 4th 11, 08:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 04/02/2011 20:23, Paul Scott wrote:
"Roger" wrote in message
I'm not a regular user of Highbury & Islington so I don't know
how long this has been going on. A (DC only) train drew in to
platform 1 at approximately 15:15 today. After the driver and a
few other people had changed ends it left.

Test trains were running during the first week in January.

NRES online planner has the 8 tph service available from the 27th of
this month. However posts in District Dave's forum predict an even
earlier start than that, possibly on the 17th or 18th...

Paul S

Speaking of ELLE, I recently saw a train on the ELL with a pantograph in
its coach. Are they now interchangeably running trains between ELL and NLL?
Old February 4th 11, 09:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Roger" wrote in message
I'm not a regular user of Highbury & Islington so I don't know
how long this has been going on. A (DC only) train drew in to
platform 1 at approximately 15:15 today. After the driver and a
few other people had changed ends it left.

Test trains were running during the first week in January.

NRES online planner has the 8 tph service available from the 27th of
this month. However posts in District Dave's forum predict an even
earlier start than that, possibly on the 17th or 18th...

Speaking of ELLE, I recently saw a train on the ELL with a pantograph in
its coach. Are they now interchangeably running trains between ELL and
NLL?

The original order was for an ELL fleet of 20 DC units, presumably sized for
Dalton Jn to the three current southern destinations, and an original 24
dual voltage units which was the number required for NLL, WLL & DC. All the
subsequent extra units ordered variously for NLL/WLL extra services, ELL
extension to Highbury and SLL to Clapham Jn have been dual voltage.

However there have been one or two dual voltage units in use on the current
ELL since it opened. This has probably allowed a slightly lower utilisation
factor of the overall fleet, while there is a notional surplus of dual
voltage units, because most of the extra NLL services are yet to start. The
three dual voltage units ordered to support the SLL extension are of course
yet to be delivered.

In the final analysis there will be 20 DC units limited to the ELL and SLL,
and 37 dual voltage units that can go anywhere.

Paul S

Old February 4th 11, 09:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 20:23:28 -0000, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

"Roger" wrote in message
.. .
I'm not a regular user of Highbury & Islington so I don't know
how long this has been going on. A (DC only) train drew in to
platform 1 at approximately 15:15 today. After the driver and a
few other people had changed ends it left.

Test trains were running during the first week in January.

As well as not being a regular user of H&I I had a bereavement
on 23rd December so wasn't very attentive at the beginning of
January.

NRES online planner has the 8 tph service available from the 27th of this
month. However posts in District Dave's forum predict an even earlier start
than that, possibly on the 17th or 18th...

So, maybe only two or three weeks to wait. I'll keep my eyes
open. A preview service would be good enough for me.
--
Roger