Old May 8th 10, 08:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Where can I get the old tube map?

Roland Perry wrote on 08 May 2010 09:21:40 ...
In message
, at
04:28:41 on Wed, 5 May 2010, remarked:
Be aware, though, Zingo, that this and most (all?) other similar maps
available tend to link the correctly positioned station marks with "a
curve", regardless of the actual shape the tracks take. A good
example here is Ealing Broadway, where the District should run north a
bit before joining the Piccadilly route and *then* crossing the
Central line and diving south to Ealing Common.

Google maps gets it spectacularly wrong: http://tinyurl.com/3xt2cke

Google maps, or rather Tele-Atlas who provide their London maps, can't
even show above-ground Underground lines properly on the basic maps, let
alone the coloured line overlays that you're referring to. The District
is shown from Ealing Broadway to Ealing Common, and then disappears.

Incidentally, has anyone managed to get any of the many errors on Google
maps corrected? I've tried several times to get missing railway lines
added, wrong road names corrected, green areas corrected, with no
success at all.
--
Richard J.

Old May 8th 10, 10:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 09:57:40 on Sat, 8 May
2010, Richard J. remarked:

Google maps gets it spectacularly wrong: http://tinyurl.com/3xt2cke

Google maps, or rather Tele-Atlas who provide their London maps, can't
even show above-ground Underground lines properly on the basic maps,
let alone the coloured line overlays that you're referring to. The
District is shown from Ealing Broadway to Ealing Common, and then
disappears.

err, that's the one I mentioned above.
Old May 8th 10, 11:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 8 May, 11:41, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 09:57:40 on Sat, 8 May
2010, Richard J. remarked:

Google maps gets it spectacularly wrong: http://tinyurl.com/3xt2cke

Google maps, or rather Tele-Atlas who provide their London maps, can't
even show above-ground Underground lines properly on the basic maps,
let alone the coloured line overlays that you're referring to. *The
District is shown from Ealing Broadway to Ealing Common, and then
disappears.

err, that's the one I mentioned above.

No, I think Richard meant this:
http://tinyurl.com/ealingcommon

The line just vanishes south of Ealing Common station.

IMHO it's probably one of those copyright-protecting errors that map
companies do.
Old May 8th 10, 03:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message
, at
04:20:06 on Sat, 8 May 2010, Mary Woolnoth
remarked:
Google maps gets it spectacularly wrong: http://tinyurl.com/3xt2cke

Google maps, or rather Tele-Atlas who provide their London maps, can't
even show above-ground Underground lines properly on the basic maps,
let alone the coloured line overlays that you're referring to. *The
District is shown from Ealing Broadway to Ealing Common, and then
disappears.

err, that's the one I mentioned above.

No, I think Richard meant this:
http://tinyurl.com/ealingcommon

The line just vanishes south of Ealing Common station.

The mapping line? It's the green overlay route from Ealing Common to
Ealing Broadway that's erroneously a straight line.
Old May 8th 10, 03:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Roland Perry wrote on 08 May 2010 11:41:53 ...
In , at 09:57:40 on Sat, 8 May
2010, Richard remarked:

Google maps gets it spectacularly wrong: http://tinyurl.com/3xt2cke

Google maps, or rather Tele-Atlas who provide their London maps, can't
even show above-ground Underground lines properly on the basic maps,
let alone the coloured line overlays that you're referring to. The
District is shown from Ealing Broadway to Ealing Common, and then
disappears.

err, that's the one I mentioned above.

When I clicked on your link, I got a satellite view overlaid with green
and red District and Central Line tracks that merely joined stations
with nice curves, ignoring where the actual railway goes. I assume that
was what you meant by "spectacularly wrong". I was referring to the
representation of the District Line in map view (not satellite view),
which is omitted "east" of Ealing Common.
--
Richard J.