Old July 18th 10, 03:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Cycle hire

On 18 July, 14:59, Clive wrote:
In message , Paul Corfield
writesEven the Standard has been quite
ferocious on the lorry / bicycle accident issue in London and I don't
think we have a coherent position from City Hall about to properly deal
with increasing cycling and having huge lorries on the road.

May be a course of cycle proficiency would be in order, as it should
instruct cyclists that stopping at the left side of a lorry about to
turn left is not in there best interest, if they are looking for a long
life.
--
Clive

The solution, then, when a lorry pulls up on the right, is to proceed
through the red light before the lorry turns. Or are you one of those
people who think that cyclists should always be in the middle of the
lane, because that's where cars go, and should not let motor vehicles
overtake them?

Old July 18th 10, 05:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message
, MIG
writes
The solution, then, when a lorry pulls up on the right, is to proceed
through the red light before the lorry turns. Or are you one of those
people who think that cyclists should always be in the middle of the
lane, because that's where cars go, and should not let motor vehicles
overtake them?

No, I think that, like other road users, cyclists are responsible for
their own action. It is up to them to take appropriate action, like
passing left turning vehicles on the right and vice-versa. Where there
is doubt then stay behind, in short just stay safe. It's not my duty
to look out for every other road user and in this neck of the woods,
cyclists are few and far between, but I have driven in London and ridden
on the top deck of buses and quite frankly the behaviour of cyclists
there is abysmal.
--
Clive

Old July 18th 10, 08:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I wonder how long before some adolescent and his mates come along and
start destroying them.
Old July 18th 10, 09:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jul 18, 10:11*pm, wrote:

In article ,
(Basil Jet) wrote:

On 18/07/2010 13:10, Tom Anderson wrote:

On Sun, 18 Jul 2010, David Walters wrote:

The payment station takes credit cards, and keys,

But not Oyster?

Maybe the deposit is more than anyone has on their Oyster card.

What deposits? How will the enforce the excess charges?

Card pre-authorisation.

The truth about Boris's London cycle hire scheme - Daily Telegraph Bruce[_2_] London Transport 0 August 23rd 10 10:14 PM
Ghost trips appearing on the London Cycle Hire scheme Tom Anderson London Transport 39 August 19th 10 09:34 AM
Cycle hire Mizter T London Transport 0 July 19th 10 11:33 PM
TfL cycle hire Basil Jet London Transport 12 August 21st 09 02:04 PM
SWT go into cycle hire business Paul Scott London Transport 10 February 17th 09 02:06 PM