Old July 18th 10, 09:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Cycle hire

In message ,
writes

And membership?

AIUI, the key is only available to those who become members, but it's
not entirely clear.

Also, does anyone know how one finds the nearest stand to a particular
address? I might use this between King's Cross station and the office.
I've seen a stand across from the station in Belgrove St but haven't seen
any near my office which is off Great Peter St.

http://westminster.londoninformer.co...epares-to.html

I should think either Smith Square or Abbey Orchard Street would be the
nearest (or possibly Greycourt Lane if you are at the Pimlico end of Gt
Peter St)
--
Paul Terry
Old July 18th 10, 12:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Paul Terry) wrote:

In message ,
writes

And membership?

AIUI, the key is only available to those who become members, but
it's not entirely clear.

I think that's where we started!

http://westminster.londoninformer.co...heme-prepares-
to.html

I should think either Smith Square or Abbey Orchard Street would be
the nearest (or possibly Greycourt Lane if you are at the Pimlico
end of Gt Peter St)

Thanks. As in another comment of mine, Smith Square will be much nearer
than Abbey Orchard St as my office is quite close to Millbank. Curiously
I've not noticed works in Smith Square and I've been there a couple of
times in recent weeks. Must be hidden away in a corner I don't go to, by
the old Tory Central Office perhaps.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old July 18th 10, 01:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 18/07/2010 13:10, Tom Anderson wrote:
On Sun, 18 Jul 2010, David Walters wrote:

The payment station takes credit cards, and keys,

But not Oyster?

Maybe the deposit is more than anyone has on their Oyster card.
Old July 18th 10, 01:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 18/07/2010 01:03, Tom Anderson wrote:
On Sat, 17 Jul 2010, Paul Corfield wrote:

from a Mayor who loves cycling.

I wish people would stop saying that.

I wish you'd stop saying that any Mayor who doesn't spend his entire
budget on cycling is a cycle hater! :-)
Old July 18th 10, 01:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Paul Corfield
writes
Even the Standard has been quite
ferocious on the lorry / bicycle accident issue in London and I don't
think we have a coherent position from City Hall about to properly deal
with increasing cycling and having huge lorries on the road.

May be a course of cycle proficiency would be in order, as it should
instruct cyclists that stopping at the left side of a lorry about to
turn left is not in there best interest, if they are looking for a long
life.
--
Clive

The truth about Boris's London cycle hire scheme - Daily Telegraph Bruce[_2_] London Transport 0 August 23rd 10 10:14 PM
Ghost trips appearing on the London Cycle Hire scheme Tom Anderson London Transport 39 August 19th 10 09:34 AM
Cycle hire Mizter T London Transport 0 July 19th 10 11:33 PM
TfL cycle hire Basil Jet London Transport 12 August 21st 09 02:04 PM
SWT go into cycle hire business Paul Scott London Transport 10 February 17th 09 02:06 PM