Old July 27th 10, 07:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default New Victoria Line Stock

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...n-the-old-ones.

I have to say breakdowns over the last week or so seem to be more common...

--
Phil Richards, London, UK
3,600+ railway photos since 1980 at:

Old July 27th 10, 07:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Phil Richards wrote:
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...n-the-old-ones.

I have to say breakdowns over the last week or so seem to be more common...

This link might work better:

http://tiny.cc/uhvxk

Old July 27th 10, 10:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010, Phil Richards wrote:

Phil Richards wrote:
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...n-the-old-ones.

I have to say breakdowns over the last week or so seem to be more common...

This link might work better:

http://tiny.cc/uhvxk

As might this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bathtub_curve

tom

--
Any Christmas message which ends with "... everything's pointless
...." probably doesn't need sharing -- cleanskies
Old July 27th 10, 10:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Have been on them twice so far and both times the trains were taken out of
service due to problems

I've avoided getting on them as well, but that's because they give such an
uncomfortable and frankly disconcerting ride

Fortunately due to the astoundingly bright light on the front, they can be
detected before getting close to the platform

After 2 weeks of appalling service on the normally fairly reliable Victoria
Line, I finally saw an apology at Blackhorse Road tonight. In the last 10
days, I've been very late for work after a much unwanted sauna on 4
occasions

My best alternative route involves the Jubilee Line which I am aware is not
too reliable. It seems even the DLR cannot be relied upon these days

I would like to add I have no complaints when it comes to staff or customer
service and even onboard communication has generally been good. Could have
been better at Liverpool St on Monday morning with severe overcrowding.
There was a moment when I genuinely feared for my life

Old July 27th 10, 11:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 27/07/2010 22:30, Nicola Redwood wrote:
[...]

At least you got to see one.

Old July 28th 10, 12:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london

At least you got to see one.

Have seen them a few times at Kings X Northbound between 6pm and 6:30pm
weekdays

Old July 28th 10, 09:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 22:30:53 +0100
"Nicola Redwood" wrote:
Have been on them twice so far and both times the trains were taken out of
service due to problems

Apparently some of the problems have been down to door sensors. It just
beggers belief that in 2010 they still can't design door sensors that can
cope with an overcrowded tube train. This really should be simple basic
engineering that an undergraduate could design.

B2003

Old July 28th 10, 10:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

"Nicola Redwood" wrote:
Have been on them twice so far and both times the trains were taken out of
service due to problems

Apparently some of the problems have been down to door sensors. It just
beggers belief that in 2010 they still can't design door sensors that can
cope with an overcrowded tube train. This really should be simple basic
engineering that an undergraduate could design.

B2003

So should designing a seat that fits a human being. So should putting
windows in train sides.

I think that 2009 stock seats should be compulsory at TfL board
meetings from now on.
Old July 28th 10, 11:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 02:29:38 -0700 (PDT)
MIG wrote:
So should designing a seat that fits a human being. So should putting
windows in train sides.

They're not as bad as the C stock seats though. Whoever decided the width
of those was either a sadist or good friends with Snow White.

I think that 2009 stock seats should be compulsory at TfL board
meetings from now on.

Now theres an idea

B2003

Old July 28th 10, 12:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Nicola Redwood" wrote:
Have been on them twice so far and both times the trains were taken out of
service due to problems

Apparently some of the problems have been down to door sensors. It just
beggers belief that in 2010 they still can't design door sensors that can
cope with an overcrowded tube train. This really should be simple basic
engineering that an undergraduate could design.

B2003

So should designing a seat that fits a human being. *So should putting
windows in train sides.

I think that 2009 stock seats should be compulsory at TfL board
meetings from now on.

I don't have a problem with seats normally - they do feel narrow on
the Piccadilly Line but that's probably my imagination... ;-) I was on
a new Victoria Line train yesterday and it was extremely hot - the
hottest I have ever been on a tube journey and not in a good way. It
felt like the heating was on, the train was packed and it crawled
between stations.