Old December 9th 03, 11:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

Default Is it just me or has the tube gone down the tubes?

In message , CJG Now
Thankfully Living In The North writes
But who brings the half eaten burgers, beer cans and piles of vomit?

That would be the people who avoid buying a ticket because its
unlikely they will be have much problem getting through ticket
barriers (if they are opreational) and its unlikely they will be
challenged at the ticket barrier or very unlikely they will be asked
to see their ticket on the train

You're more than welcome to come and spend a late-shift with me at the
weekend and show me how it *should* be done. Of course, I can't
guarantee BTP or ambulance response time on a Friday or Saturday night.
What a shame you're so far away now; with your grasp of English I might
even have allowed you to write up the white-boards.....
--
Kat Frogs have it easy. They can eat what bugs them.

Old December 9th 03, 01:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"CJG Now Thankfully Living In The North" wrote in
message om...

Would you like that wheel turned full circle, so you can moan about even
more LUL staff being employed, rather than contractors, who are cheaper?

I would like London Underground managers to control staff numbers and
duties so that their is an effective use of labour.

So employing contractors, who clean the stations and trains at a cheaper
rate than employing more staff, who are more expensive isn't an effective
use of labour?

Old December 9th 03, 01:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"CJG Now Thankfully Living In The North" wrote in
message

That would be the people who avoid buying a ticket because its
unlikely they will be have much problem getting through ticket
barriers (if they are opreational) and its unlikely they will be
challenged at the ticket barrier or very unlikely they will be asked
to see their ticket on the train

We've done this to death, repeatedly. As a customer, what would you prefer,
station staff on hand to assist you, as you've brought a ticket and expect
some kind of customer service, rather than find the ticket barrier deserted
because some scrote, who doesn't give a damn about police challenging him,
let alone a station assistant on thier own, has jumped over the barrier and
the station assistant is running after them?

Old December 9th 03, 05:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

CJG Now Thankfully Living In The North wrote:

But who brings the half eaten burgers, beer cans and piles of vomit?

That would be the people who avoid buying a ticket because its
unlikely they will be have much problem getting through ticket
barriers (if they are opreational)

No it bleeding isn't! Only the other day, I saw well-dressed people on
their way to the office (a) eat a banana and leave the peel on the
window shelf and (b) eat an apple while going up the escalator and, when
at the top, chuck it into a corner.

And have seen similar behaviour from a whole range of genders,
ethnicities and classes.
Old December 10th 03, 04:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

So employing contractors, who clean the stations and trains at a cheaper
rate than employing more staff, who are more expensive isn't an effective
use of labour?

No.....
I mean using existing staff effectively. Having staff at levels which
balance a trade off between cost and under-staffing

Old December 10th 03, 09:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"CJG Now Thankfully Living In The North" wrote in
message om...
So employing contractors, who clean the stations and trains at a cheaper
rate than employing more staff, who are more expensive isn't an

effective
use of labour?

No.....
I mean using existing staff effectively. Having staff at levels which
balance a trade off between cost and under-staffing

So you employ someone with a good grasp of the English language and safety
related procedures of the railway and contract out the cleaning (as it's not
part of the core business) isn't?

Old December 11th 03, 02:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Robin Mayes" wrote in message ...
"CJG Now Thankfully Living In The North" wrote in
message om...
So employing contractors, who clean the stations and trains at a cheaper
rate than employing more staff, who are more expensive isn't an

effective
use of labour?

No.....
I mean using existing staff effectively. Having staff at levels which
balance a trade off between cost and under-staffing

So you employ someone with a good grasp of the English language and safety
related procedures of the railway and contract out the cleaning (as it's not
part of the core business) isn't?

Yes. And I would make station staff useful during off-peak times.
And the reason contract cleaners are so cheap is because like all
other contract companies they look at the number of staff you need to
do a job effectively and then half it. Thus instead of a good job
being done and it costing a bit more. A crap job is done and their is
more money for extra managers
Old December 13th 03, 07:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Dave Newt wrote:
CJG Now Thankfully Living In The North wrote:

But who brings the half eaten burgers, beer cans and piles of vomit?

That would be the people who avoid buying a ticket because its
unlikely they will be have much problem getting through ticket
barriers (if they are opreational)

No it bleeding isn't! Only the other day, I saw well-dressed people on
their way to the office (a) eat a banana and leave the peel on the
window shelf and (b) eat an apple while going up the escalator and,
when at the top, chuck it into a corner.

I prefer to drop my apple core on the bit between the two escalators and
watch it whizz down the shaft before flying off the end :-))

Old December 13th 03, 07:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Stimpy wrote:

gratuitous snippage

watch it whizz down the shaft before flying off the end :-))

Oooh, missus.
Old December 13th 03, 11:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Dave Newt wrote:
Stimpy wrote:

gratuitous snippage

watch it whizz down the shaft before flying off the end :-))

Oooh, missus.

fnarr fnarr

--
The presence of this sig indicates that I'm under the influence of
excess alcohol. Until I'm sober enough to remember to switch this sig

I apologise in advance for any offence caused :-)