Old December 4th 03, 08:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default The possible 'lager' strikes

Surely they are taking the p***? How do they suggest the beer got in their
fridge? The bloody beer fairy?

Old December 4th 03, 03:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Badabing" wrote in message
Surely they are taking the p***? How do they suggest the beer got in their
fridge? The bloody beer fairy?

Hey - don't bring the beer fairy in to this. She's a decent lady.

Old December 4th 03, 10:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Once upon a time -- around about 12/4/03 10:17 --
possibly wrote:

"Badabing" wrote in message
Surely they are taking the p***? How do they suggest the beer got in their
fridge? The bloody beer fairy?

Hey - don't bring the beer fairy in to this. She's a decent lady.

Well if there IS a beer fairy, maybe you could send her around our place.

-- E

--
George W Bush Bumper Stickers:
"Why should I care what the American people think? They didn't vote for me."

Old December 4th 03, 11:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

t...
possibly wrote:

"Badabing" wrote in message
Surely they are taking the p***? How do they suggest the beer got in

their
fridge? The bloody beer fairy?

Hey - don't bring the beer fairy in to this. She's a decent lady.

Well if there IS a beer fairy, maybe you could send her around our place.

Nah, sorry, she's working full time keeping my fridge topped up...
--
Cheers, Steve.
If The Good Lord had meant for us to be fiscally prudent, He would not have

Old December 5th 03, 12:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Badabing" wrote in message
Surely they are taking the p***? How do they suggest the beer got in their
fridge? The bloody beer fairy?

Certain questions spring to mind:

1) Were they the only holders of keys to the room?

2) Were any of the cans / bottles finger-print tested?

3) Why, despite passing drugs and alcohol tests (those that took them) where
they disciplined over this

4) Why wern't they all drug and alcohol tested?

If this disciplinary action stands, does that mean the presence of alcohol
anywhere on "the underground" mean the local staff can be disciplined
because of it? If I was working at a station and noticed a bottle of vodka
on the platform edge and removed it, placing it somewhere safer, for
example, my desk, and before I could put it in the bin a manager walks in,
would I be disciplined? If, on my way to work, I find a rucksack full of
cider (as I have previously done) and bring it into my office to book it up
as lost property but my manager is standing there, will I be disciplined?

Old December 5th 03, 10:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Robin Mayes" wrote in message
.. .
If I was working at a station and noticed a bottle of vodka
on the platform edge and removed it, placing it somewhere safer, for
example, my desk

LOL. I suppose you'd be pretty stupid for not binning it immediately
(unless LU offices don't have bins).

Old December 5th 03, 01:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

in article , Robin Mayes at
wrote on 5/12/03 12:24 AM:
"Badabing" wrote in message
Surely they are taking the p***? How do they suggest the beer got in their
fridge? The bloody beer fairy?

Certain questions spring to mind:

1) Were they the only holders of keys to the room?

2) Were any of the cans / bottles finger-print tested?

3) Why, despite passing drugs and alcohol tests (those that took them) where
they disciplined over this

4) Why wern't they all drug and alcohol tested?

It would appear the answer to my original question is 'Yes' then.

I don't think any of this is even relevant. As members of staff they have a
responsibility to ensure noting goes on the staff room that contravenes the
rules of their employment, and as they know there is a zero tolerance policy
regarding alcohol.

Alcohol testing is not entirely appropriate here. The charge is not that
they were drunk, but that they had alcohol in the staffroom. Someone guilty
of this offence need not be drunk or guaranteed to produce a positive test
result.

If this disciplinary action stands, does that mean the presence of alcohol
anywhere on "the underground" mean the local staff can be disciplined
because of it?

Er, I doubt it.

If I was working at a station and noticed a bottle of vodka
on the platform edge and removed it, placing it somewhere safer, for
example, my desk, and before I could put it in the bin a manager walks in,
would I be disciplined?

Er, I doubt it.

If, on my way to work, I find a rucksack full of
cider (as I have previously done) and bring it into my office to book it up
as lost property but my manager is standing there, will I be disciplined?

Er I doubt it.

What have those examples got to do with this case? Maybe you are the beer
fairy, in which case I claim my 5 pounds.

Old December 5th 03, 02:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 13:44:23 +0000, Badabing wrote:

What have those examples got to do with this case? Maybe you are the beer
fairy, in which case I claim my 5 pounds.

Don't you mean five pints?

Rob.

--
rob at robertwoolley dot co dot uk
Old December 5th 03, 03:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
Robert Woolley wrote:
On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 13:44:23 +0000, Badabing wrote:

What have those examples got to do with this case? Maybe you are the beer
fairy, in which case I claim my 5 pounds.

Don't you mean five pints?

You're doing well to get five (drinkable) pints for five pounds.

Old December 5th 03, 03:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Mike Bristow wrote:
In article ,
Robert Woolley wrote:
On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 13:44:23 +0000, Badabing wrote:

What have those examples got to do with this case? Maybe you are
the beer fairy, in which case I claim my 5 pounds.

Don't you mean five pints?

You're doing well to get five (drinkable) pints for five pounds.

Perhaps he meant 5 lb. (about 4.8 pints)
--
Richard J.