Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 12th 10, 09:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Kings X schematic map

In message , Eric
writes
another way of travel - "no, we don't have to make any provision on the
buses for wheelchairs, they can just travel another way, or stay home."

People used to say that, and what you are saying is no different.

The currently recommended routes have made Kings Cross impossible for
people for
whom it was previously possible. For some such people, it would be OK if
there were some seats along the way, but we can't have that either.

The problems are not just for people with difficulty walking, it can
affect practically all of us when we travel with heavy luggage.
Fortunately there are now lifts to almost all points (maybe all).

Unfortunately the shortest level route in some cases, such as that
between the Northern Line and the Thameslink station, would involve
using no fewer than five lifts, as far as I could see. Finding the
shortest route to the appropriate lift in each case can't be easy.

--
Clive Page