Old January 3rd 11, 08:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london
max max is offline

Default a stay in london

I booked 4 days in london on february.. but I would like to stay any
longer.. at least 2 days in addition..
I realised that four days are really few to visit london and staying & make
new friends so that would be no way..
Have I got to stop myself from doing that decision because things are
already established and now it's too late or do I have to strain myself
looking for a new hotel and change flights? although it costs to me to make
a mess..

thanks for the support.

Old January 3rd 11, 08:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
max max is offline

well.. I come from Padova nearby Venice in Italy.. I've been in London twice
2 years ago and always for a period of a week. I was fascinated to see such
a beautiful city.. I felt so ease like staying at home.. but with more
vitality for real.. that's why i would like staying there more time..
I think british people are good and sincere.. and I adore them, i like their
accents and their customs.. and because they are frankly open minded in
spite of other nations.. that's why also i wouldn't get away from there..
anyway i've got to count then on the costs and high prices of the
citycentre..
the first time I went there i was in an hotel with a friend of mine, second
time i was invited by an english friend of mine, third time (now) will be
again in the hotel .. fourth time i would be there firmly??

this time I already changed once either hotel and flight because i was not
sure how long staying but i prefer avoiding agencies beucase it held a
percentage and moreover I've noticed that i spare some..

"Paul Corfield" ha scritto nel messaggio
news
On Mon, 03 Jan 2011 09:06:32 GMT, "max" wrote:

I booked 4 days in london on february.. but I would like to stay any
longer.. at least 2 days in addition..
I realised that four days are really few to visit london and staying &
make
new friends so that would be no way..
Have I got to stop myself from doing that decision because things are
already established and now it's too late or do I have to strain myself
looking for a new hotel and change flights? although it costs to me to
make
a mess..

thanks for the support.

Will this be your only visit to London? If yes then you need a bit more
time say a week or 8 days. If you think you would visit again then 4
days is good as a "taster" for the City as it will leave you with lots
more to do on another visit.

How did you book your ticket? On the web or with a travel agent? If
you want to change things then speak to someone on the phone as quickly
as possible to see if things can be changed. If you have booked a cheap
flight it may not be possible to change the booking at all or without
incurring a big charge to make a change. It that is the case then just
accept you've booked for 4 days and make the very best of your visit by
planning what you want to see and where you want to go and making sure
you still to your plans.

I saw more of the tourist bits of London on my first visit than I think
I have bothered to search out in over 20 years of living here!

--
Paul C

Old January 5th 11, 08:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 5 Jan 2011, Paul Corfield wrote:

On Wed, 5 Jan 2011 18:36:23 +0000, Ian Jelf
wrote:

In message , Paul Corfield
writes
On Wed, 5 Jan 2011 17:50:12 +0000, Ian Jelf
wrote:

Take a ride on a double decker (route 112 is
especially good for sightseeing),

To see the delights of Brent Cross, Ikea, Ace Cafe and the Hanger Lane
Gyratory? ;-)

I seem to be having a very bad day for typos. I caused a big upset
this morning by confusing two words in an e-mail!

What I *meant* to say was that the 11 is especially good for
sightseeing. Sorry for any confusion, especially to the original poster.

I know it was supposed to be the 11 but couldn't resist trying to work
out the sights to be seen from the 112!

The Hanger Lane gyratory really is very fine, it has to be said.

tom

--
unstable orbits in the space of lies
Old January 6th 11, 12:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Take a ride on a double decker (route 112 is
especially good for sightseeing),

To see the delights of Brent Cross, Ikea, Ace Cafe and the Hanger Lane
Gyratory? * ;-)

I seem to be having a very bad day for typos. * I caused a big upset
this morning by confusing two words in an e-mail!

To do with the Hulture Secretary?

Old January 6th 11, 01:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Take a ride on a double decker (route 112 is
especially good for sightseeing),

To see the delights of Brent Cross, Ikea, Ace Cafe and the Hanger Lane
Gyratory? ;-)

I seem to be having a very bad day for typos. I caused a big upset
this morning by confusing two words in an e-mail!

What I *meant* to say was that the 11 is especially good for
sightseeing. Sorry for any confusion, especially to the original poster.

I know it was supposed to be the 11 but couldn't resist trying to work
out the sights to be seen from the 112!

The Hanger Lane gyratory really is very fine, it has to be said.

The railway heritage and magnificent brick viaducts of Brent and Willesden
are worth spending some time viewing, this can be ensured by taking the
bus at peak hours.

Nick
--
Serendipity: http://www.leverton.org/blosxom (last update 29th March 2010)
Old January 6th 11, 09:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london
max max is offline

u got me wrapped up in so many stuff about london ..then probably a lifetime
couldn't be enough..
to live all sensations together.. LoL

Old January 6th 11, 03:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"max" wrote:

"Ian Jelf" ha scritto nel messaggio:

In message , max
writes
u got me wrapped up in so many stuff about london ..then probably a
lifetime couldn't be enough..

If you understand that, then you already understand London, my friend!

However long you come for: enjoy! (And come back again, too.)

yes and if I fall in love with someone there.. who knows .. deserves much
more ^_^

I'm not sure if that's an offer, Ian!

Old January 6th 11, 03:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Ian Jelf" wrote:

Tom Anderson wrote:

On Wed, 5 Jan 2011, Paul Corfield wrote:

On Wed, 5 Jan 2011 18:36:23 +0000, Ian Jelf
wrote:
[snip]
What I *meant* to say was that the 11 is especially good for
sightseeing. Sorry for any confusion, especially to the original
poster.

I know it was supposed to be the 11 but couldn't resist trying to work
out the sights to be seen from the 112!

The Hanger Lane gyratory really is very fine, it has to be said.

I of all people can see the interest, heritage and beauty in the ordinary.
I'm in the process of putting together a Golders Green Walking tour for a
client at this very moment, for example. ;-)

Curious as to whether you've struggled to see this anywhere in particular?

Old January 6th 11, 04:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2011\01\06 15:48, Ian Jelf wrote:

I of all people can see the interest, heritage and beauty in the
ordinary. I'm in the process of putting together a Golders Green Walking
tour for a client at this very moment, for example. ;-)

"And on our left is the internet cafe where the acid dripped from Katie
Piper's face onto the carpet."