Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 6th 11, 01:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Stratford after Crossrail

I know that the portal for Crossrail is going to be at Pudding Mill Lane,
and indeed, all the works are set up just south of the DLR stations -
however, assuming that the aim is for trains to use platform 5 coming
westbound from Shenfield and 8 (?) for the Eastbound trains, the Crossrail
trains will need to go over (or under?) the DLR to get to the portal, if
it's south of the DLR - what's the plan? Also - how will services run
during the works, as surely the line from those platforms into L'pool St
will have to be severed sooner or later?

(I've had a look around and struggled to find any up to date info on how
Stratford fits into the Crossrail picture - does anything have any
interesting links about the work going on there? Stitching everything
together looks a particularly interesting and complicated problem and I'd
love to know how it's all going to happen.)