Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 19th 11, 12:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Semi-OT - Liberal Democrat mayoral nomination & transport pledges

I appreciate we are a year or so away from the vote but I hope we are
not going to have a transport campaign predicated on whether we like
Boris Buses and Boris Bikes (as I rather fear we might!). I would like
to see some real and genuine debate about what is needed.

Seconded. But I am not hopeful; and I predict there will be no
discussion of one of the options to improve transport in London: fewer
people in London. (The current Mayor's transport strategy actually has a
goal to "Support economic development and population growth". I have
never understood the justification for making the latter part of that a
goal, as opposed to a possibly unavoidable consequence. Of course it may
just be sloppy drafting: the strategy documents seemed just to take
population growth forecasts as externalities.)
--
Robin
PM may be sent to rbw0{at}hotmail{dot}com