Old January 16th 04, 09:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Tube Map

I seem to remember the train in the film was above street level, which makes me
think that bit might have been filmed south of the river, perhaps in Battersea
or Vauxhall. (though locals in Ebury Bridge Road told me the film, at least the
bombed bits, was filmed in Chelsea).
If it was a tube train though, I wonder could it have been on what's now the
Hammersmith, on the elevated stretch, by Latimer Road say?

Old January 31st 04, 08:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Colin Rosenstiel) wrote:

In article ,
(CharlesPottins) wrote:

I seem to remember the train in the film was above street level,
which makes me think that bit might have been filmed south of the
river,
perhaps in Battersea or Vauxhall. (though locals in Ebury Bridge Road
told me the film, at least the bombed bits, was filmed in Chelsea).
If it was a tube train though, I wonder could it have been on what's
now the Hammersmith, on the elevated stretch, by Latimer Road say?

My recollection of "Passport to Pimlico" is that the train was in a cut
and cover tunnel or cutting or both. It is only 40 years ago!

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Can't find the original posting, but the location details below were taken
from:

http://www.britmovie.co.uk/studios/e...graphy/52.html

The casting of Passport to Pimlico, while using many familiar Ealing
faces, is particularly happy. The genial grocer, Pemberton (Stanley
Holloway), is admirably contrasted with the timid, precise bank manager,
Wix (Raymond Huntley), while outsiders include a delightfully absurd
history professor (Margaret Rutherford) and a Burgundian duke (Paul
Dupuis) who dashes a girl's romantic dreamt of Dijon with chat about the
trams in the main square and cement factories. Basil Radford and Naunton
Wayne personify Whitehall red tape. The irony of the situation is best
summed up by the grocer's wife who, when it is suggested they are now a
bunch of foreigners, declares: We always were English, and we always will
be English, and it’s just because we're English we’re sticking out for our
right to be Burgundians! Much of the film was shot on an outdoor set built
on a cleared bomb site off the Lambeth Road, a mile to the east of real
Pimlico, although the original title was kept largely for its curious
foreign sounding quality and pleasing alliteration.

Roger
Old January 31st 04, 10:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , ()
wrote:

In article
,
(Colin Rosenstiel) wrote:

In article ,
(CharlesPottins) wrote:

[...]

No reference to the UndergrounD shots, though. :-(

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old tube map CharlesPottins London Transport 14 February 2nd 04 07:09 AM
Large Print Tube Map John Rowland London Transport 6 January 13th 04 08:18 PM
Eastenders on the Map Was:Tube Map Jim Brown London Transport 7 January 10th 04 06:22 PM
3D Tube map Dave Arquati London Transport 5 November 19th 03 12:13 PM
Credit card sized tube map... Chris London Transport 17 August 10th 03 02:26 PM