Old January 3rd 04, 04:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Tube Map

Kat wrote:
In message , Robin
May writes
Kat wrote the following in:

Just aesthetics, I suppose.
But then there's not much underground publicity that I think is
well designed anyway.

I quite like it. I've actually had a poster of it since I was quite
young.

How much of the original poster is used on the map?
It's the balance you see... it seems wrongly placed to me.
Of course, this sort of thing is totally subjective.

I don't like the way a lot of recent Underground publicity is moving
away from the use of New Johnston (e.g. the We (underground logo)
London stuff).

I've just looked at an EWSA; the cover is New Johnston but the
contents seems to be something different..

EWSA (Engineering Works Safety Arrangements): Is it issued by LU or
Metronet/Tube Lines? I could understand a different typeface being used if
it's a Metronet document.

--
Richard J.

Old January 3rd 04, 06:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Nick Cooper wrote:
On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 16:09:59 +0000, Kat
wrote:

In message , Nick Cooper
writes
You'd think at least they get an updated one that omits
Aldwych, and has the Jubille extention and the Victoria
goign to Brixton....

But you need a passport for Pimlico....

Obviously an alternative universe, as there wasn't a
sub-surface line running through Pimlico at the time the
film was made/set!

But have the boundaries of this outpost of the Duke of Burgundy's estate
been defined?

Old January 3rd 04, 07:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Kat" wrote in message
In message , Richard J.
writes
Kat wrote:
There's a new version out with Watford moved from Zone B to Zone A.
Clever Watford ;-)
Thought you'd all be fascinated by that bit of info....

Is that the large poster (no, not you, Kat!) or the folding pocket map?

I've only seen the folding pocket map so far but I imagine the station
maps would have been changed last night.

ISTR that the printers hadn't delivered the larger maps yet.

Old January 3rd 04, 08:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

In message , Robin Mayes
writes

"Kat" wrote in message
In message , Richard J.
writes
Kat wrote:
There's a new version out with Watford moved from Zone B to Zone A.
Clever Watford ;-)
Thought you'd all be fascinated by that bit of info....

Is that the large poster (no, not you, Kat!) or the folding pocket map?

I've only seen the folding pocket map so far but I imagine the station
maps would have been changed last night.

ISTR that the printers hadn't delivered the larger maps yet.

Sounds about right...
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Old January 4th 04, 01:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Richard J." wrote in message
Kat wrote:

There's a new version out with Watford moved
from Zone B to Zone A. Clever Watford ;-)
Thought you'd all be fascinated by that bit of info....

Is that the large poster (no, not you, Kat!)

Does her "A Zone" looks big in that?

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old January 4th 04, 11:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

In message , Nick Cooper
writes
You'd think at least they get an updated one that omits
Aldwych, and has the Jubille extention and the Victoria
goign to Brixton....

But you need a passport for Pimlico....

Obviously an alternative universe, as there wasn't a
sub-surface line running through Pimlico at the time the
film was made/set!

But have the boundaries of this outpost of the Duke of Burgundy's estate
been defined?

It's fairly clear in the film - I checked last time it was one, and
it's nowhere near any contemporary underground line.
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk
Old January 5th 04, 03:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

In message , Robin Mayes
writes

"Kat" wrote in message
I've only seen the folding pocket map so far but I imagine the station
maps would have been changed last night.

ISTR that the printers hadn't delivered the larger maps yet.

Appears that we got ours OK and all have been changed except the sticky
backed ones for the non-stopping boards...
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Old January 5th 04, 04:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Kat" wrote in message

Appears that we got ours OK and all have been changed except the sticky
backed ones for the non-stopping boards...

Yes, we got our too! Why did the last bit start the Blue Peter theme tune in
my head?

Old January 5th 04, 04:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

In message , Robin Mayes
writes

"Kat" wrote in message

Appears that we got ours OK and all have been changed except the sticky
backed ones for the non-stopping boards...

Yes, we got our too! Why did the last bit start the Blue Peter theme tune in
my head?

LOL!
Must have been the new-improved-smaller-HHC- thingies...
That's one that should have been made earlier.
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Old tube map CharlesPottins London Transport 14 February 2nd 04 07:09 AM
Large Print Tube Map John Rowland London Transport 6 January 13th 04 08:18 PM
Eastenders on the Map Was:Tube Map Jim Brown London Transport 7 January 10th 04 06:22 PM
3D Tube map Dave Arquati London Transport 5 November 19th 03 12:13 PM
Credit card sized tube map... Chris London Transport 17 August 10th 03 02:26 PM