Old August 13th 11, 09:08 AM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Did anyone else here ever stand on the platform at Essex Road in Northern City Line days? The platform lights were fed from the traction supply so dimmed sharply when a train started away. Of course the platform was empty at that point as the passengers had all got on the departing train but we were changing directions there on the Underground trip in 1970.

Colin Rosenstiel
I did occasionally use Essex Road Station in those days. I didn't pay attention to esoteric details such as lights dimming but I do remember vividly that the entire line seemed dingy and run down and that all the stations had poor lighting. The line was definitely the poor relation of the London Underground family.

Old August 13th 11, 10:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default why are the new Victoria and trains so slow?

In article ,
(Robin9) wrote:

trip in 1970.

Colin Rosenstiel

Robin9

Is there something wrong with your newsreader? This is all I can see of your
post.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old August 13th 11, 11:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 13 Aug 2011 05:26:34 -0500,
wrote:

In article ,
(Robin9) wrote:

trip in 1970.

Colin Rosenstiel

Robin9

Is there something wrong with your newsreader? This is all I can see of your
post.

If you can't see the four-and-a-half line paragraph that Robin9
wrote doesn't that mean there is something wrong at your end?
--
Roger

Old August 13th 11, 07:50 PM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

My post did not contain the phrase "trip in 1970" so it is likely the problem is at your end.
Old August 13th 11, 09:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Robin9) wrote:

In article
,