Old August 26th 11, 12:53 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

Default A less pleasant aspect of 'railway photography'?

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 12:59:57 +0100
The Real Doctor wrote:
Ah , a classic technique. Slightly change the argument to get me to agree
to it then claim later how I agreed to the original point.

So are you saying you /don't/ think that terrorist crimes are worse than
the same acts for purely personal reasons?

Not really. I don't care why people do something, its what they do that
matters. Would Dunblane or that killing in norway have been somehow worse if
they had been done by religious nutters with an agenda? I don't think so.

B2003

Old August 26th 11, 12:55 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On 26/08/11 13:48, d wrote:
Well, looks like with agree on something. I'd never have expected Brigstocke
to go for it like that. I'm impressed.

Doesn't exactly pull his punches, does he?

Ian
Old August 26th 11, 12:55 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 05:18:26 -0700 (PDT)
MIG wrote:
I don't know why you bother arguing with those two. They are never
going to understand anything that would require any decency or
humanity.

What , like the riots?

Just convince them that hordes of muslim/black/student/working class
rioters are coming for them and, with a bit of luck, they'll retreat
into their bunkers and the world will be a much nicer and safer place.

I suspect a lot of shopkeepers who've had their homes burned down are still
wondering that very thing.

But then what do I know. I mean liberal social policies in the last few
decades have had such a wonderful effect on society. Oh , wait...

B2003

Old August 26th 11, 12:57 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On 26/08/11 13:47, 1506 wrote:
On Aug 26, 5:26 am, The Real wrote:
On 26/08/11 13:15, 1506 wrote:

Ah, you think that only gay people would care about gay people being
tortured to death. Well, that certainly fits with the rest of your
contributions to this thread.

But, then you seem to care so little for the sensibilities of decent
people.

And that's you defining "decent people" as "white heterosexuals", is it?

Als die Nazis die Kommunisten holten, habe ich geschwiegen; ich war ja

Thank you so much. I claim Godwin's Law. You lose. Have a great
day.

If you'd prefer an indigenous British equivalent

No man is an island,
Entire of itself.
Each is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thine own
Or of thine friend's were.
Each man's death diminishes me,
For I am involved in mankind.
Therefore, send not to know
For whom the bell tolls,
It tolls for thee.

Ian
Old August 26th 11, 01:28 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
MB MB is offline

On 26/08/2011 12:28, 1506 wrote:
On Aug 26, 4:14 am, wrote:
On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 11:56:50 +0100
The Real wrote:

On 26/08/11 11:01, wrote:
On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 02:31:19 -0700 (PDT)
wrote:

Moreover terrorism is an act of war which demands a swift, firm,
military response. Describing it as a crime and involving the courts
is a big mistake. IMHO we have spent the past ten years being far too
soft in this regard.

So instead of trying and imprisoning IRA terrorists we should have
bombed Dublin and Boston?

Old August 26th 11, 01:33 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On 26/08/11 13:43, 1506 wrote:
On Aug 26, 5:26 am, The Real wrote:
On 26/08/11 13:15, 1506 wrote:

On Aug 26, 5:03 am, The Real wrote:
On 26/08/11 12:44, 1506 wrote:

Before I do killfile you, Are you, or have you ever been a homosexual?

Why would that matter?

It would go some way to explaining the axe you are grinding.

Ah, you think that only gay people would care about gay people being
tortured to death. Well, that certainly fits with the rest of your
contributions to this thread.

Who is torturing bright and cheerful people to death?

Oh Christ (there's yer blasphemy, right there) don't give us all that
"gay doesn't mean homosexual" rubbish. Of course it means homosexual,
nowadays, and if you want it back you're beter be able to persuade the
'phobes to give back queer, faggot, pervert and the rest.

Odd, isn't it, how only new gay-positive meanings get the outrage?

Ian
Old August 26th 11, 01:35 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

* *wrote:

Moreover terrorism is an act of war which demands a swift, firm,
military response. *Describing it as a crime and involving the courts
is a big mistake. *IMHO we have spent the past ten years being far too
soft in this regard.

So instead of trying and imprisoning IRA terrorists we should have
bombed Dublin and Boston?

You may have read up thread where I said Ireland is not the Middle
East. It would have been better for the UK had she withdrawn from
Ireland in 1921. Better yet, she could have avoided interfering in
her neighbors affairs the the past 750 years.
Old August 26th 11, 01:38 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

MIG wrote:
I don't know why you bother arguing with those two. *They are never
going to understand anything that would require any decency or
humanity.

What , like the riots?

I can only assume that that's a subject that you've been itching to
rant about. I'm not interested.
Old August 26th 11, 01:42 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Aug 26, 6:35*am, 1506 wrote:
On Aug 26, 6:28*am, MB wrote:

* *wrote:

Moreover terrorism is an act of war which demands a swift, firm,
military response. *Describing it as a crime and involving the courts
is a big mistake. *IMHO we have spent the past ten years being far too
soft in this regard.

So instead of trying and imprisoning IRA terrorists we should have
bombed Dublin and Boston?

You may have read up thread where I said Ireland is not the Middle
East. *It would have been better for the UK had she withdrawn from
Ireland in 1921. *Better yet, she could have avoided interfering in
her neighbors affairs the the past 750 years.- H

Correction: Better yet, England, and her succosor, the UK, could have
Old August 26th 11, 01:43 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

MIG wrote:
I don't know why you bother arguing with those two. *They are never
going to understand anything that would require any decency or
humanity.

What , like the riots?

I can only assume that that's a subject that you've been itching to
rant about. *I'm not interested.

We just know how much fun you had during the last round.