Old January 13th 04, 07:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Underground at Ealing Broadway

Something I pondered last time I travelled through Ealing Broadway:

Given that District and Picadilly trains share the same tracks between
Acton Town and Hangar Lane Junction, is there anything to stop
(physically) Picadilly trains going to Ealing Broadway? Has this ever
happened in public service (e.g. last minute diversion because of some
problem north of the junction)?

Thanks for your time

PhilD

Old January 13th 04, 07:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

PhilD wrote:
Something I pondered last time I travelled through Ealing Broadway:

Given that District and Picadilly trains share the same tracks between
Acton Town and Hangar Lane Junction, is there anything to stop
(physically) Picadilly trains going to Ealing Broadway? Has this ever
happened in public service (e.g. last minute diversion because of some
problem north of the junction)?

Thanks for your time

PhilD

Wrong stick!
:-)
Paul B.

Old January 13th 04, 09:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , PhilD
writes
Given that District and Picadilly trains share the same tracks between
Acton Town and Hangar Lane Junction, is there anything to stop
(physically) Picadilly trains going to Ealing Broadway?

No.

The District Line is open to all stock except:
- A stock is severely limited and cannot carry passengers;
- on sections shared with National Rail, only C and D stock may run;
- 6 car D stock doesn't fit the platforms at Notting Hill Gate,
Bayswater, and Paddington.

However, refurbished 1973 stock has an auxiliary static converter that
could affect unimmunised signalling. Therefore it should not run off the
Piccadilly Line *except* that it can use the District from Acton to
Gloucester Road.

Has this ever
happened in public service (e.g. last minute diversion because of some
problem north of the junction)?

I believe so.

--
Clive D.W. Feather, writing for himself | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work:
Old January 13th 04, 09:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

It can happen and did recently where the signal man set the route up for a
district line to ealing, but the picc line driver wasnt paying attention and
took the wrong route!

Old January 13th 04, 03:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"PhilD" wrote in message
om...
Something I pondered last time I travelled through Ealing Broadway:

Given that District and Picadilly trains share the same tracks between
Acton Town and Hangar Lane Junction, is there anything to stop
(physically) Picadilly trains going to Ealing Broadway? Has this ever
happened in public service (e.g. last minute diversion because of some
problem north of the junction)?

Thanks for your time

PhilD

Last happened last Tuesday evening, off duty copper attempting to arrest 3
yobs for graffiting a train at North Ealing, caused a shut down when 2 of
them legged it down the WB towards Park Royal. T353 was run to Ealing
Broadway to save it being stuck in section.
--
Cheers, Steve.
If The Good Lord had meant for us to be fiscally prudent, He would not have

Old January 13th 04, 04:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Joe Joe is offline

- on sections shared with National Rail, only C and D stock may run;

What about A stock between Harrow on the Hill & Mantles wood?
--
To reply direct, remove NOSPAM and replace with railwaysonline
For Train Information, The Latest News & Best photos around check out the

Old January 13th 04, 05:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Joe" wrote in message
- on sections shared with National Rail, only C and D stock may

run;

What about A stock between Harrow on the Hill & Mantles wood?

thats not the district line though, is it

Old January 13th 04, 11:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Clive D. W. Feather" wrote in message
In article , PhilD
writes

is there anything to stop (physically)
Picadilly trains going to Ealing Broadway?

No.

Are the platforms at Ealing Broadway compromise height? If not, I doubt if
passengers would be allowed to alight or board there.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old January 13th 04, 11:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Steve Dulieu" wrote in message
Last happened last Tuesday evening, off duty copper attempting to arrest 3
yobs for graffiting a train at North Ealing, caused a shut down when 2 of
them legged it down the WB towards Park Royal. T353 was run to Ealing
Broadway to save it being stuck in section.
--
Cheers, Steve.
If The Good Lord had meant for us to be fiscally prudent, He would not

have
given us the platinum credit card...
Change colour to PC Plod's lights to reply.

No wonder I saw a Piccadilly line train at Ealing Broadway around 7pm

Old January 14th 04, 07:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Joe
writes
- on sections shared with National Rail, only C and D stock may run;

What about A stock between Harrow on the Hill & Mantles wood?

Which branch of the District Line would that be?