Old January 22nd 12, 10:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster refund question

"Mizter T" wrote

And my recollection is that you did say in the past that you got the
Oyster bods to refund it to your bank account (though I'd be interested in
whether that was via a debit card refund or as a direct

payment into your bank account having given them the details - I'd assume
the former).

I've arranged (via the helpline) refunds to my bank account on two or three
occasions, and both methods have been used (i.e. sometimes they ask for sort
code + account number, other times for debit card number). I find the lack
of consistency surprising. Now that I'm aware of the OSI + timeout problem
which railway enthusiasts can encounter when hanging around the system, I
tend to buy a 'paper' travelcard instead in order to avoid the problem, as I
almost always reach the off-peak cap.

Is there any reason why the 'clock' can't be reset to zero when a journey is
linked to an earlier one at an OSI, or would that introduce too may other
problems?

Old January 23rd 12, 11:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london
AJM AJM is offline

Thanks for all your suggestions. I ended up calling the 0845 helpline
number and will collect the refund on my next journey to London
(probably around March).
Apparently, you log on to your Oyster account the day before travel and
change nominated pick-up point station. The refund doesn't have an
expiry date apparently.

Regards all,

Alan

Old January 23rd 12, 11:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 12:00:51 on Mon, 23
Jan 2012, AJM remarked:
Apparently, you log on to your Oyster account the day before travel and
change nominated pick-up point station. The refund doesn't have an
expiry date apparently.

You've got a bit longer than a day to collect it, but the later you
nominate a station the less likely you are to change you plans I
suppose.