Old March 15th 12, 09:39 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

Default Bloody traffic police at accidents

Some accidents on the M25 and A40 this morning basically gridlocked most of west
london thanks to plod taking their own sweet time to clear up the scene. Does
it really warrant closing a major road for 3 bloody hours (and counting) just
to take notes of a car crash? Once the casualties have been ferried away ,
take some photos and push the vehicles onto the side of the road until they
can be towed away. What is the bloody problem with plod in this country? Why
does even a modest accident have to be a ****ing "crime scene"? Have they
really got nothing else better to do with their time?

B2003

Old March 15th 12, 10:44 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london
NM NM is offline

On Mar 15, 10:39*am, wrote:
Some accidents on the M25 and A40 this morning basically gridlocked most of west
london thanks to plod taking their own sweet time to clear up the scene. Does
it really warrant closing a major road for 3 bloody hours (and counting) just
to take notes of a car crash? Once the casualties have been ferried away ,
take some photos and push the vehicles onto the side of the road until they
can be towed away. What is the bloody problem with plod in this country? Why
does even a modest accident have to be a ****ing "crime scene"? Have they
really got nothing else better to do with their time?

B2003

100% with you on that one, the eventual likely outcome of a crime
scene investigation is prosecution which normally will result in a
fine or two and a few D/L points, is that worth the cost of the delays
and disruption caused? Any plod like to comment??
Old March 15th 12, 11:37 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 04:44:20 -0700 (PDT)
NM wrote:
100% with you on that one, the eventual likely outcome of a crime
scene investigation is prosecution which normally will result in a
fine or two and a few D/L points, is that worth the cost of the delays
and disruption caused? Any plod like to comment??

Quite - a complete waste of time and resources, not to mention all the
extra pollution from the stuck traffic and people missing appointments or
deliveries. Someone should remind traffic plod occasionally that they're
public servants, they don't run the show.

B2003

Old March 15th 12, 12:18 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

On Mar 15, 10:39*am, wrote:
Some accidents on the M25 and A40 this morning basically gridlocked most of west
london thanks to plod taking their own sweet time to clear up the scene. Does
it really warrant closing a major road for 3 bloody hours (and counting) just
to take notes of a car crash? Once the casualties have been ferried away ,
take some photos and push the vehicles onto the side of the road until they
can be towed away. What is the bloody problem with plod in this country? Why
does even a modest accident have to be a ****ing "crime scene"? Have they
really got nothing else better to do with their time?

B2003

I absoluely agree. It's because they love playing at Plods and they
have all the resources and time in the world. Not one copper is
connected to the REAL world where time is money and money not earned
is money lost.

McK.
Old March 15th 12, 07:52 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

In message , d
writes
Some accidents on the M25 and A40 this morning basically gridlocked
most of west
london thanks to plod taking their own sweet time to clear up the scene. Does
it really warrant closing a major road for 3 bloody hours (and counting) just
to take notes of a car crash? Once the casualties have been ferried away ,
take some photos and push the vehicles onto the side of the road until they
can be towed away. What is the bloody problem with plod in this country? Why
does even a modest accident have to be a ****ing "crime scene"? Have they
really got nothing else better to do with their time?

B2003

Looking at it from a different angle. Your loved one is killed in a
crash and when it comes to coroners court the police say, we are not
sure what the exact reasons were, we have a few photos but no detailed
measurements and samples because we pushed everything out of the way and
destroyed the physical evidence.. So you never get a definitive answer
of what happened.

Or you have a crash and kill someone, you are prosecuted for causing
death by, you of course say you did not and that this that and the other
happened. But again the police only have a few photos and conflicting
witness statements, no hard facts. So you end up in jail.

It may be an inconvenience to you and others, but it can save a lifetime
of doubt and uncertainty, or a life changing criminal record, or not,
for those involved.

--
Bill

Old March 15th 12, 09:58 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

Bill wrote on 15 March 2012 20:52:47 ...
In , d
writes
[...]

Good post, Bill, and highly relevant. The A40 Gypsy Corner accident
this morning involved a lorry and a motorcycle. One man died there.
This was not a "modest accident".
--
Richard J.
Old March 16th 12, 07:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Brendan Behan said:

"There is no situation so bad that the intervention of a policeman can't make worse."

Happy St Patrick's Day, Brendan!
Old March 16th 12, 08:36 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 20:52:47 +0000
Bill wrote:
Looking at it from a different angle. Your loved one is killed in a
crash and when it comes to coroners court the police say, we are not
sure what the exact reasons were, we have a few photos but no detailed

The reasons would be a traffic accident. Accidents happen. End of.

measurements and samples because we pushed everything out of the way and

What samples? DNA on the road surface? FFS , when vehicles crash its not
rocket science to figure out what happened.

Or you have a crash and kill someone, you are prosecuted for causing
death by, you of course say you did not and that this that and the other
happened. But again the police only have a few photos and conflicting
witness statements, no hard facts. So you end up in jail.

Well with few photos and conflicting evidence there would be no presecution
so I wouldn't be worried.

It may be an inconvenience to you and others, but it can save a lifetime
of doubt and uncertainty, or a life changing criminal record, or not,
for those involved.

Looking at it another way , the jams could cause other accidents to happen
elsewhere, they could cause people to be late for job interviews, hospital
appointments, picking their kids up from school, important deliveries or 101
other important tasks that have to be done during a day. One accident does
not take precidence over the life of an entire city. The europeans realised
this long ago, its about time the police in this country woke up to the
fact too.

B2003

Old March 16th 12, 08:39 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 22:58:43 +0000
"Richard J." wrote:
It may be an inconvenience to you and others, but it can save a lifetime
of doubt and uncertainty, or a life changing criminal record, or not,
for those involved.

Good post, Bill, and highly relevant. The A40 Gypsy Corner accident

No it wasn't, it was the usual special pleading·

this morning involved a lorry and a motorcycle. One man died there.
This was not a "modest accident".

It was a perfectly ordinary accident. 2000 people die on the roads each year
in the UK. We all take risks when we drive and if I ended up dead in an
accident I wouldn't expect the half of london to be inconvenienced because
of it. They manage to get the tube up and running fairly quickly when someone
falls under a train so there's absolutely no reason for a major arterial
road to be closed for almost the entire morning just because of a bog standard
road accident.

B2003

Old March 16th 12, 10:33 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

In message , d
writes
Bill wrote:
[...]

In order to minimise the need for long road closures, aren't the police
supposed to be getting new technology in the form of a laser 3D camera,
which will used to rapidly scan the site of road accidents? The images
obtained will then be used to produce holographic images of the site,
which can then be used for the actual detailed investigation..
--
Ian