Old April 21st 12, 03:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Can Birmingham bus pass be used in London?

If someone has a bus pass from another city (for example Birmingham) then
can it be used on buses in London?

What about on the Tube?

Old April 21st 12, 03:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Jane P" wrote in message
If someone has a bus pass from another city (for example Birmingham) then
can it be used on buses in London?

Do you mean a twirley pass?

Yes

What about on the Tube?

No

HTH

HAND

tim

Old April 21st 12, 03:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 16:18:37 on Sat,
21 Apr 2012, Jane P remarked:
If someone has a bus pass from another city (for example Birmingham) then
can it be used on buses in London?

If you mean "Twirly" pass, then yes. Other sorts, no.

What about on the Tube?

No.

Old April 21st 12, 03:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Apr 21, 4:18*pm, Jane P wrote:
If someone has a bus pass from another city (for example Birmingham) then
can it be used on buses in London?

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAn...el/DG_10036264

In London, one can actually use a concessionary bus pass on London
buses at any time of the day or night (i.e. including before 9.30am
and after 11pm weekdays) - see under the "Concessionary bus passes
from outside London" heading he
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/14305....kt-tab-panel-4

What about on the Tube?

Nope.
Old April 21st 12, 05:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Apr 21, 6:20*pm, "tim...." wrote:

wrote in message
[snip]
Indeed, as long as you mean an Old Person's Bus Pass.

Aren't "disabled" bus passes similarly nationally valid (never having had
any interface with them, I have no idea).

Yes. (Where "national" = England.)
Old April 21st 12, 07:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Mizter T" wrote in message

On Apr 21, 6:20 pm, "tim...." wrote:

wrote in message
[snip]
Indeed, as long as you mean an Old Person's Bus Pass.

Aren't "disabled" bus passes similarly nationally valid (never having had
any interface with them, I have no idea).

Yes. (Where "national" = England.)

Oops, I forgot that bit :-(

tim

Old April 22nd 12, 10:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"tim...." writes:

"Mizter T" wrote in message

On Apr 21, 6:20 pm, "tim...." wrote:

wrote in message
[snip]
Indeed, as long as you mean an Old Person's Bus Pass.

Aren't "disabled" bus passes similarly nationally valid (never having had
any interface with them, I have no idea).

Yes. (Where "national" = England.)

Oops, I forgot that bit :-(

How does that work for cross border services?

I often see a bus in Shrewsbury with Llandiloes - Newtown - Welshpool -
Shrewsbury on it. Am guessing it is a shopping link for rural Mid Wales
into a large town, is it free as far as the border and then pay the fare
from there?

Phil
Old April 22nd 12, 04:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 21/04/2012 16:45, Roland Perry wrote:
If you mean "Twirly" pass, then yes. Other sorts, no.

But I think the nickname is misapplied for the bus isn't it - I have an
idea that on London buses they are valid at all times, not just after 09:30?

--
Clive Page