Old March 23rd 09, 06:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Still can't get used to seeing trains with pantographs at Shortlands

....or 'St Albans' on destination screens, or 319s in their myriad
liveries (some with 'This is a Thameslink route service operated by
First Capital Connect' stickers in the windows).

But here they are, and it's finally started. I never thought I'd see it!

--
Current nearest station: Shortlands

Old March 23rd 09, 06:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Mar 23, 7:32*am, Rupert Candy
wrote:
...or 'St Albans' on destination screens, or 319s in their myriad
liveries (some with 'This is a Thameslink route service operated by
First Capital Connect' stickers in the windows).

But here they are, and it's finally started. I never thought I'd see it!

--
Current nearest station: Shortlands

But int there been 375/6s there for many years?
Old March 23rd 09, 06:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 23 Mar, 07:32, Rupert Candy
wrote:

Still can't get used to seeing trains with pantographs at Shortlands

Didn't you notice the pantos on the class 373 TMSTs which passed
through Shortlands every day for around 13 years, the class 92 locos
which still do, or the 319s which used to work to Orpington &
Sevenoaks in the early days of Thameslink?

Old March 23rd 09, 09:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

MIG wrote:
On Mar 23, 7:32 am, Rupert Candy
wrote:
...or 'St Albans' on destination screens, or 319s in their myriad
liveries (some with 'This is a Thameslink route service operated by
First Capital Connect' stickers in the windows).

But here they are, and it's finally started. I never thought I'd see
it!

--
Current nearest station: Shortlands

But int there been 375/6s there for many years?

Touché (though not ever stopping IME!)
--
Current nearest station: Shortlands
Old March 23rd 09, 09:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london

contrex wrote:
On 23 Mar, 07:32, Rupert Candy
wrote:

Still can't get used to seeing trains with pantographs at Shortlands

Didn't you notice the pantos on the class 373 TMSTs which passed
through Shortlands every day for around 13 years, the class 92 locos
which still do, or the 319s which used to work to Orpington &
Sevenoaks in the early days of Thameslink?

Okay, okay, I just thought it was an eye catching header for what is
quite a significant change. But I hadn't reckoned on the pedants :-P
--
Current nearest station: Pimlico

Old March 23rd 09, 10:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 23 Mar, 07:32, Rupert Candy
wrote:
...or 'St Albans' on destination screens, or 319s in their myriad
liveries (some with 'This is a Thameslink route service operated by
First Capital Connect' stickers in the windows).

But here they are, and it's finally started. I never thought I'd see it!

I see the LDB service can't quite handle the jointly operated FCC/
Southeastern Kentish Town to Sevenaoaks service - northbound they are
labelled as Southeastern, southbound as FCC. Not sure that it actually
matters that much, though as with any inaccurate information it's a
potential source of passenger confusion.
Old March 23rd 09, 10:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 02:32:44 -0500, Rupert Candy
wrote:

But here they are, and it's finally started. I never thought I'd see it!

And the Metty Line wasn't unduly full between Farringdon and Moorgate
this morning, contrary to what I expected.

Are they all walking either from there or City Thameslink, or didn't
many people use the Moorgate branch anyway? (Can't say I ever paid
that much attention)

Neil

--
Neil Williams
Old March 23rd 09, 10:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 04:05:05 -0700 (PDT), Mizter T
wrote:

I see the LDB service can't quite handle the jointly operated FCC/
Southeastern Kentish Town to Sevenaoaks service - northbound they are
labelled as Southeastern, southbound as FCC. Not sure that it actually
matters that much, though as with any inaccurate information it's a
potential source of passenger confusion.

Like the "London Midland Southern" service that's going on at the
moment? Fortunately I am yet to see one with the PIS unset, unlike
the northbound ones from Euston which seem to prefer to show "Desiro"
than anything else. And I suppose it being a 4-car set is a giveaway
in the peak, but then again it could be a short-formation...

Neil

--
Neil Williams
Old March 23rd 09, 10:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
I see the LDB service can't quite handle the jointly operated FCC/
Southeastern Kentish Town to Sevenaoaks service - northbound they are
labelled as Southeastern, southbound as FCC. Not sure that it actually
matters that much, though as with any inaccurate information it's a
potential source of passenger confusion.

Like the "London Midland Southern" service that's going on at the
moment? *Fortunately I am yet to see one with the PIS unset, unlike
the northbound ones from Euston which seem to prefer to show "Desiro"
than anything else. *And I suppose it being a 4-car set is a giveaway
in the peak, but then again it could be a short-formation...

Neil

Of course, the difference is the the MK - East Croydon service is
still a Southern service throughout, even when run with LM stock. The
'Thameslink' services mentioned are run by two TOCs with the
changeover in responsibility (if not crew) at Blackfriars. Not
surprisingly the LDB boards have a bit of a problem with this at the
moment (like they have a problem with the through Newcastle - Glasgow
via Dumfries services, which is a joint Northern / Scotrail train, but
shown as Scotrail throughout).

I don't think that there is a problem with the PIS system on the
through Thameslink services (assuming that the 319s have all the
destinations still on their blinds and that the 377s have been
correctly programmed)
Old March 24th 09, 11:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Mizter T wrote:
On 23 Mar, 07:32, Rupert Candy
wrote:
...or 'St Albans' on destination screens, or 319s in their myriad
liveries (some with 'This is a Thameslink route service operated by
First Capital Connect' stickers in the windows).

But here they are, and it's finally started. I never thought I'd see
it!

I see the LDB service can't quite handle the jointly operated FCC/
Southeastern Kentish Town to Sevenaoaks service - northbound they are
labelled as Southeastern, southbound as FCC. Not sure that it actually
matters that much, though as with any inaccurate information it's a
potential source of passenger confusion.

It is a known inconsistency with LDBs - there are situations elsewhere, such
as Newcastle, where jointly run services are shown arriving as Scotrail and
returning as Northern. I believe it is just that LDB uses only the first TOC
shown where two are in the system.

However, IIRC the platform indicators at St Pancras were showing
Southeastern on appropriate southbound trains - perhaps they are locally
altered?

Paul S

Can Birmingham bus pass be used in London? Jane P London Transport 14 May 9th 12 01:13 PM
DLR strike off - Tube Lines infraco strike still on, but Tubeservices will still run Mizter T London Transport 14 July 5th 10 10:34 AM
enjoy seeing ranam London Transport 0 August 6th 08 12:09 PM
ENJOY SEEING PICTURES ranam London Transport 0 August 5th 08 11:00 AM
seeing the other's view Brimstone London Transport 101 June 30th 07 01:50 PM