Old June 14th 12, 09:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway

Default Paddington Station H&C Platforms

"77002" wrote in message
On Jun 14, 9:38 am, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
That's correct. Links to the planning drawings have been posted in
previous
threads over the last few years but you may have missed them. There will
be
no paid side access between the H&C and National Rail platforms.

IMHO the Bridge could usefully stretch all the way to Platform one
giving access to all mainline platforms.

The CP5 enhancement plans for PAD include a further development of the
west
end footbridges, although detail is a bit sketchy.

It is an awful long walk from Praed Street to the Canal Side. I am
not even sure of the way. If one wants to travel clockwise on the
Circle the District and Circle Line platforms are not real helpful.
One can only reach Edgware Road without changing trains.

CJBs did not provide a full or correct description though. He is grinding a
personal axe about Paddington, as usual.

The canal side entrance is not the only entrance to the new H&C station,
there is also an entrance from the station side (it's effectively in line
with the taxi waiting area, and is also accessible from the 'land side'
footbridge at the end of the train shed).

Passengers between the station and the H&C will NOT need to go via the canal
side entrance...

Paul S

Old June 14th 12, 10:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway

On 14/06/2012 10:19, Paul Scott wrote:
[snip]
CJBs did not provide a full or correct description though. He is
grinding a personal axe about Paddington, as usual.

The canal side entrance is not the only entrance to the new H&C station,
there is also an entrance from the station side (it's effectively in
line with the taxi waiting area, and is also accessible from the 'land
side' footbridge at the end of the train shed).

Passengers between the station and the H&C will NOT need to go via the
canal side entrance...

But can't we just agree that, regardless of the reality, it's absolutely
disgusting, abominable and destined to be a total disaster?
Old June 14th 12, 11:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Paul Scott) wrote:

"77002" wrote in message
.
..
On Jun 14, 9:38 am, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
[...]

Is there a plan available showing the current and planned circulation?

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old June 14th 12, 11:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message

Is there a plan available showing the current and planned circulation?

Yes. It's all available in the usual fashion on Westminster's planning
website, but the links go stale...

Paul

Old June 14th 12, 11:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Scott" wrote in message
wrote in message

Is there a plan available showing the current and planned circulation?

Yes. It's all available in the usual fashion on Westminster's planning
website, but the links go stale...

However I did just remember this, which someone linked to a while ago IIRC:

http://www.steerdaviesgleave.com/cas...ington-station

The opening page has a diagram and various videos that explain the various
links.

HTH

Paul S

Old June 15th 12, 03:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Scott wrote on 14 June 2012
12:34:42 ...
"Paul wrote in message
wrote in message

Is there a plan available showing the current and planned circulation?

Yes. It's all available in the usual fashion on Westminster's planning
website, but the links go stale...

However I did just remember this, which someone linked to a while ago IIRC:

http://www.steerdaviesgleave.com/cas...ington-station

The opening page has a diagram and various videos that explain the various
links.

I found the videos completely incomprehensible. There was no
explanation that I could see (or hear), and the pattern of paths had no
captions and didn't look like Paddington to me. On the video called
"Hammersmith & City Line Platform" I couldn't see anything that looked
like an island platform.

--
Richard J.