Old June 7th 12, 09:00 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

Default Epping - Ongar Railway Now Open

wrote

And where did it gateway onto BR, Stratford?

Quite close to Leyton station, where the Central Line tunnel from Stratford
re-emerges on the surface. The junction with the Stratford - Temple Mills -
Tottenham line was at Loughton Branch Junction. Freight also ran on to the
Hainault Loop via the curve from Seven Kings until 1956.

Peter

Old June 7th 12, 09:29 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

In message , at 22:10:34 on Thu, 7 Jun 2012,
The Real Doctor remarked:

There are no trains from Charing Cross to Embankment.

Apart from the Northern Line, and if you include the old Trafalgar
Square Station, the Bakerloo.

But I'm all in favour of re-opening Aldwych, if it was cost effective.
It's a long walk in the rain, and I'm generally heading for Kings Cross
so Temple and the southern section of the Circle isn't a lot of use. I'd
head for Covent Garden rather than Holborn, and there's some cover
halfway too.

Old June 7th 12, 09:43 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bakerloo_Line.svg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Northern_Line.svg

Old June 7th 12, 09:59 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On 07/06/12 22:25, Mizter T wrote:

? - there's the Northern and Bakerloo lines - not that I'd recommend
anyone to use them when changing from/to the Circle/District at Embankment.

****.

OK, that's basically the same as the other examples, then.

Ian
Old June 7th 12, 10:01 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On 07/06/2012 22:59, The Real Doctor wrote:
On 07/06/12 22:25, Mizter T wrote:

? - there's the Northern and Bakerloo lines - not that I'd recommend
anyone to use them when changing from/to the Circle/District at
Embankment.

****.

OK, that's basically the same as the other examples, then.

Ian

Still, Holborn to Aldwych is a much longer walk.

Old June 8th 12, 07:09 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

In message , at 00:15:31 on Fri, 8
Jun 2012, Steve Fitzgerald ] remarked:
Still, it's a bit of a walk between Holborn and Aldwych

You lot never heard of buses? It's 2 stops FFS.

That costs extra money, and the bus stops at both end aren't necessarily
easy to find (complex road junctions, too many buses to choose from).