Old October 26th 12, 10:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Timetables and Prices for LU150 specials announced

The LT Museum have just announced the timetables, prices and ballot
process for the LU150 steam specials next January.

http://www.ltmuseum.co.uk/whats-on/lu150/calendar

According to the PDF at
http://www.ltmuseum.co.uk/assets/dow...sandprices.pdf

A 30min trip from Olympia to Moorgate behind Met No 1 will set you back
£150 3rd class and £180 1st class. A trip the other way behind Sarah
Siddons is slightly cheaper at £50/£80 respectively.

Rather a far cry from the £5 all day rover with Sarah during Amersham
Heritage day.

Old October 27th 12, 09:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 26/10/2012 23:50, Spyke wrote:
The LT Museum have just announced the timetables, prices and ballot
process for the LU150 steam specials next January.

http://www.ltmuseum.co.uk/whats-on/lu150/calendar

According to the PDF at
http://www.ltmuseum.co.uk/assets/dow...sandprices.pdf

A 30min trip from Olympia to Moorgate behind Met No 1 will set you back
£150 3rd class and £180 1st class. A trip the other way behind Sarah
Siddons is slightly cheaper at £50/£80 respectively.

And anyone who forgets to touch-out that day will be assumed to be
onboard?

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK
Old October 27th 12, 09:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Extortionate prices. I am sure this rip-off is priced with Olympics
rip-off prices in mind.
Old October 27th 12, 10:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 27 Oct 2012 02:38:41 -0700 (PDT), Offramp
wrote:

Extortionate prices. I am sure this rip-off is priced with Olympics
rip-off prices in mind.

Given that it's almost certain to sell out many times over, surely the
prices are too low?
Old October 28th 12, 09:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Spyke" wrote in message
The LT Museum have just announced the timetables, prices and ballot
process for the LU150 steam specials next January.

http://www.ltmuseum.co.uk/whats-on/lu150/calendar

According to the PDF at
http://www.ltmuseum.co.uk/assets/dow...sandprices.pdf

A 30min trip from Olympia to Moorgate behind Met No 1 will set you back
£150 3rd class and £180 1st class. A trip the other way behind Sarah
Siddons is slightly cheaper at £50/£80 respectively.

Rather a far cry from the £5 all day rover with Sarah during Amersham
Heritage day.

Interesting set of routes. The one that intrigues me is the last one -
Olympia to Moorgate via Edgware Road. The obvious route (surely?) is Earls
Court, High St Ken. Yet the description say only the first 6 minutes will
be steam hauled which seems to suggest going to Gloucester Road to reverse
which doesn't feel right.

Where is the stock going to be stabled? Given the noon ish start on the
13th I might try and position myself for a shot of the ECS.

Old October 28th 12, 10:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 28 Oct 2012 10:37:47 -0000, "Graham Harrison"
wrote:

"Spyke" wrote in message
[...]

That seems like a reasonable guess -- it's either that or an engine
change at Earls Court, which seems less likely.

Where is the stock going to be stabled? Given the noon ish start on the
13th I might try and position myself for a shot of the ECS.

Lillie Bridge depot, perhaps? Or maybe Ruislip or Ealing Common?
Old October 28th 12, 03:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

"Spyke" wrote in message
[...]

Lillie Bridge depot has direct access to Olympia so is makes some sense.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old October 28th 12, 09:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 17:47:04 on
Sun, 28 Oct 2012, Paul Corfield remarked:
I have seen something elsewhere which indicates that the ability to
get shots at stations will be limited or impossible.

Closed to regular passengers?

One vantage point might be a hotel room at the Travelodge which
overlooks the closed KX/Thameslink station, and the Metropolitan line
alongside.
Old October 29th 12, 07:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 00:27:34 on
Mon, 29 Oct 2012, Paul Corfield remarked:
One vantage point might be a hotel room at the Travelodge which
overlooks the closed KX/Thameslink station, and the Metropolitan line
alongside.

I suspect people will want photos or videos. A hotel room is unlikely
to be any good you can open the window to avoid excessive reflections
given almost all runs are in the dark. As moden hotels are air
conditioned it is fairly rare to get fully opening windows.

Yes, I think the windows are glued shut in a vain attempt to keep out
the all-night train noise.

However looking at Google Earth for that area has given me pause for
thought.

I think it might be possible to see the cutting north of Farringdon from
several vantage points, including perhaps a ladder and peering over the
wall. http://goo.gl/maps/cp4BS
Old October 29th 12, 08:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at 00:27:34
on Mon, 29 Oct 2012, Paul Corfield remarked:
However looking at Google Earth for that area has given me pause for
thought.

I think it might be possible to see the cutting north of Farringdon
from several vantage points, including perhaps a ladder and peering
over the wall.
http://goo.gl/maps/cp4BS

But will the train be steam hauled by the time it gets there? Someone in
this thread implied only the first 6 minutes of the trip will be.

--
Colin Rosenstiel