Old April 7th 13, 10:12 PM
Junior Member

Red face Confirmation/Evidence of Traffic Diversion

Last december when I was driving along Marylebone Road Westbound to get out of London and was diverted by Police into the Congestion Charge Zone and was caught by TfL camera and consequently I made a representation to explain the case but was told that TfL could not find the record on the traffic diversion occurred. I was asked by the TfL to provide evidence about the traffic diversion. Since I haven't taken any particular note of the police officers involved, I wonder if anyone there has experienced similar case? and if yes, how I should proceed to acquire such an evidence? Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Old April 8th 13, 09:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Confirmation/Evidence of Traffic Diversion

On 2013\04\07 23:12, jaychiu wrote:
Last december when I was driving along Marylebone Road Westbound to get
out of London and was diverted by Police into the Congestion Charge Zone
and was caught by TfL camera and consequently I made a representation to
explain the case but was told that TfL could not find the record on the
traffic diversion occurred. I was asked by the TfL to provide evidence
about the traffic diversion. Since I haven't taken any particular note
of the police officers involved, I wonder if anyone there has
experienced similar case? and if yes, how I should proceed to acquire
such an evidence? Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Were you the only vehicle so diverted? Where exactly was the diversion?
Old April 8th 13, 02:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"jaychiu" wrote in message

Last december when I was driving along Marylebone Road Westbound to get
out of London and was diverted by Police into the Congestion Charge Zone
and was caught by TfL camera and consequently I made a representation to
explain the case but was told that TfL could not find the record on the
traffic diversion occurred. I was asked by the TfL to provide evidence
about the traffic diversion. Since I haven't taken any particular note
of the police officers involved, I wonder if anyone there has
experienced similar case? and if yes, how I should proceed to acquire
such an evidence? Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Call the MPS giving the date, time and location and ask for an incident log
number. If you're calling in the MPS area the non-emergency number is 101.
If you're outside the MPS area call 101 anyway and ask to be connected to
the MPS.

--
DAS

Old April 8th 13, 04:17 PM
Junior Member

I was dring along Marylebone road to get onto M40 back B'ham and was diverted by police onto Portland Pl, along the Park Crescent (the semi-circular road). The time was around 12:30-1:30pm, on 20th December 2012. I was certainly not the only one being diverted - there were many other cars. I've written a letter to the Marylybone Police Station on 19th Feb in order to get a confirmation about the diversion but so far have not received anything from them yet. I will certainly contact the MPS again.
Old April 13th 13, 04:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"jaychiu" wrote in message

'D A Stocks[_2_ Wrote:
...-

-
[...]

A local police station is unlikely to be able to help you. If you use the
number above you should be talking directly to the people who logged the
incident. Until you have an incident log number you don't have much hope.

--
DAS

Old April 15th 13, 07:30 AM
Junior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by D A Stocks[_2_] View Post
"jaychiu" wrote in message

'D A Stocks[_2_ Wrote:
;136705']"jaychiu"
wrote in message
...-

[...]

Many thanks DAS. I've got the incident log number now and was asked by the lady who answered 101 call to write to New Scotland Yard for the written confirmation, which I will do shortly. I will certainly send a registered mail rather than the normal royal mail, to make sure it will not be lost on its way down to London. Does anyone have any idea how long does it take to collect such a confirmation letter from New Scotland Yard? Am I realistic to expect anything within two weeks after sending out the letter to NSY?
Old April 15th 13, 09:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 08:30:17 on Mon, 15
Apr 2013, jaychiu remarked:
I will certainly send a

registered mail rather than the normal royal
mail

It's called "Special Delivery" now.
Old April 15th 13, 02:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Recorded delivery is what you need.
Old April 15th 13, 09:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 15/04/2013 10:04, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 08:30:17 on Mon, 15
Apr 2013, jaychiu remarked:
I will certainly send a
registered mail rather than the normal royal mail

It's called "Special Delivery" now.

Not necessarily.

"Signed For", aka Recorded delivery.
http://www.royalmail.com/personal/uk-delivery/signed-for-1st-class
http://www.royalmail.com/personal/uk-delivery/signed-2nd-class

Rather cheaper than SD.
Old April 16th 13, 08:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 22:58:54 on Mon, 15 Apr
2013, Mizter T remarked:
I will certainly send a
registered mail rather than the normal royal mail

It's called "Special Delivery" now.

Not necessarily.

"Signed For", aka Recorded delivery.
http://www.royalmail.com/personal/uk-delivery/signed-for-1st-class
http://www.royalmail.com/personal/uk-delivery/signed-2nd-class

Rather cheaper than SD.

Signed-for is the replacement for Recorded Delivery; the OP was looking
for Registered, which has been replaced by SD.