Old November 5th 13, 04:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Bank station: DLR - Northern interchange?

On 02/11/2013 18:28, wrote:
On Saturday, November 2, 2013 3:59:17 PM UTC, Someone Somewhere wrote:
On 01/11/2013 21:39,
wrote:

On Monday, October 21, 2013 8:41:25 AM UTC+1, Someone Somewhere wrote:

I *think* it is suggesting that you take the steps up from the eastern
end (who knows if it really is, but it's where the front of the train
leaving Bank is) of the DLR platforms which end up mid-platform on the
Northern Line. These are, I think, meant for the other interchange only
- I certainly rarely encounter people going up them (DLR-Northern) but
lots going down (Northern-DLR)

It's heavily used in both directions at morning and evening peaks.

Doesn't make it the best or recommended route.

Plenty of people in Bank station during the peaks follow cretinous
routes to try and accelerate their own journeys regardless of whether it
interrupts other flows and inconveniences other customers

It's the most direct option, and it doesn't take up capacity
on the escalators at the other end that go up to the exit and
the Central Line.

My usual backup route is to go via Monument (underground) which is
pretty circuitous but not usually too busy.

Ganesh

Are there any plans, BTW, to carry out any expansion work at Holborn
station, on the Central Line? I notice that there is only one small exit
at the westbound platform, which creates quite a bottleneck,
particularly during peak hours.

I wonder if LUL would ever consider reactivating British Museum as one
method of alleviating crowds at Holborn?