Old March 21st 14, 07:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Card clash

On Fri, 21 Mar 2014 01:38:32 +0000, (Mark
Bestley) wrote:
What it will be OK in a back pocket which you sit on as I do with my
paper season tickets? Otherwise putting two wallets in a front

pocket is
not that convenient as you have to get both out to see which one to

use.

I don't as a rule put things in back pockets because pickpockets
might be tempted. But in any case a thin season ticket wallet is so
obviously different from a thicker money wallet that I can't see such
confusion really occurring.

Neil

--
Neil Williams. Use neil before the at to reply.

Old March 21st 14, 08:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 18/03/2014 17:46, Tony Dragon wrote:
My experience of card clash is an error 94 & the gates don't open.

My experience (several times) is that got card clashes quite often:
unfortunately sometimes I got through the entry gate by following
someone just ahead, and then found an unresolved journey at the exit
gate (which then took me at least 30 mins on the phone to resolve).

I have learned from this to keep my Oyster card in a separate card
folder to all others, which is a real nuisance. But it seems the only
way.

As we accumulate more an more RFID cards (my credit card supplier has
refused to provide me with a non-RFID version) we will simply have to
keep a separate card holder for each and every card. Welcome to the
inconvenience of the pay-wave future.

--
Clive Page
Old March 21st 14, 10:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Clive Page wrote on 21 March 2014 09:34:39 ...
On 18/03/2014 17:46, Tony Dragon wrote:
My experience of card clash is an error 94 & the gates don't open.

My experience (several times) is that got card clashes quite often:
unfortunately sometimes I got through the entry gate by following
someone just ahead, and then found an unresolved journey at the exit
gate (which then took me at least 30 mins on the phone to resolve).

That's a completely different issue. If you wait for the yellow light
before touching in, you'll avoid that scenario.

I have learned from this to keep my Oyster card in a separate card
folder to all others, which is a real nuisance. But it seems the only
way.

As we accumulate more an more RFID cards (my credit card supplier has
refused to provide me with a non-RFID version) we will simply have to
keep a separate card holder for each and every card. Welcome to the
inconvenience of the pay-wave future.

Do a Google image search for "trifold wallet". You can keep two RFID
cards in the outer flaps and all the other cards in the centre. When
touching in, you just fold out the flap with the Oyster in it. Simple.
--
Richard J.
Old March 24th 14, 06:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 21 Mar 2014 09:34:39 +0000, Clive Page
wrote:
As we accumulate more an more RFID cards (my credit card supplier

has
refused to provide me with a non-RFID version) we will simply have

keep a separate card holder for each and every card. Welcome to

the
inconvenience of the pay-wave future.

Or just take out the desired card. When standing at a checkout this
is hardly inconvenient.

Neil

--
Neil Williams. Use neil before the at to reply.
Old March 24th 14, 08:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Or just take out the desired card. When standing at a checkout this
is hardly inconvenient.

You aren't at a checkout you are in the middle of maybe 20 people all pushing top get on the bus or at a barrier gate in the middle of the rush hour. The last thing you want is to hold up a wallet full of credit and debit cards where it can be grabbed let alone the fact that you will be getting jostled by a lot of impatient people.

For security and speed keep the Oyster card separate in the dedicated wallet provided.

Old March 25th 14, 03:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

.net...

Bestley) wrote:
What it will be OK in a back pocket which you sit on as I do with my
paper season tickets? Otherwise putting two wallets in a front

pocket is
not that convenient as you have to get both out to see which one to

use.

I put my Oyster card/train ticket(s)/passport in my shirt pocket for easy
retrieval

I never put my wallet there

tim

Old March 25th 14, 03:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 25/03/2014 16:44, tim..... wrote:
[...]
I put my Oyster card/train ticket(s)/passport in my shirt pocket for
easy retrieval

I never put my wallet there

I put my passport / boarding pass somewhere 'clever', then have a mild
panic when I can't instantly find it!
Old March 28th 14, 08:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 21/03/2014 11:29, Richard J. wrote:
Do a Google image search for "trifold wallet". You can keep two RFID
cards in the outer flaps and all the other cards in the centre. When
touching in, you just fold out the flap with the Oyster in it. Simple.

But I *already* have 3 RFID cards that I need to use frequently
(Oyseter, Credit Card, Bus Pass) and I've not doubt more will follow
when all the banks and credit card companies feel the need to push them
at us. A tri-fold wallet won't be enough.

--
Clive Page
Old April 1st 14, 10:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 28/03/2014 21:52, Clive Page wrote:
On 21/03/2014 11:29, Richard J. wrote:
Do a Google image search for "trifold wallet". You can keep two RFID
cards in the outer flaps and all the other cards in the centre. When
touching in, you just fold out the flap with the Oyster in it. Simple.

But I *already* have 3 RFID cards that I need to use frequently
(Oyseter, Credit Card, Bus Pass) and I've not doubt more will follow
when all the banks and credit card companies feel the need to push them
at us. A tri-fold wallet won't be enough.

I was going to try keeping one of them in an anti static bag, will it work?

---