Old May 6th 14, 03:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default strike suspended

In message , at 17:10:13 on Tue, 6 May
2014, tim..... remarked:
I can't see E Putney being an obvious candidate for a closed ticket
office

Current opening times:

I found the actual press release today and EP is in the 4th category
(of 4) as low-medium use commuter station.

I'd have thought it was the sort of station with large numbers of
commuters with season tickets, rather than tourists who landed up
in a nearby B&B wanting to buy a one-off ticket to the West End.

Old May 6th 14, 03:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 16:56:56 on Tue, 6 May
2014, tim..... remarked:

Whatever TfL says there's not going to be one helper per ticket machine

Agreed. Maybe one per station (or two at really busy stations).

I currently use the machine because all the numpties are in the queue for
the manned counter(s)

There are plenty of numpties using (FSVO) the machines.

Oh I know, but usually there's more machines that numpties :-)

tim

Old May 6th 14, 03:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 17:10:13 on Tue, 6 May
2014, tim..... remarked:
I can't see E Putney being an obvious candidate for a closed ticket
office

Current opening times:

I found the actual press release today and EP is in the 4th category (of
4) as low-medium use commuter station.

I'd have thought it was the sort of station with large numbers of
commuters with season tickets, rather than tourists who landed up
in a nearby B&B wanting to buy a one-off ticket to the West End.

Well it is, but large numbers of commuters is the 3rd category. EP is below
that

tim

Old May 6th 14, 10:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 6 May 2014 17:04:13 +0200, "tim....."
wrote:

"Steve Fitzgerald" ] wrote in message
In message , Paul Corfield
writes

The only POMs that a member of staff can currently sign on to is the AFM;
the others need a hardware update before they can cope.

The CSA can currently resolve the last unresolved journey, cancel an
entry-exit (if someone leaves the system), add certain cards to the Oyster
(Bus-Tram pass, Jobseeker) and set the registered flag for a previously
registered card. I understand more options are to follow but all other
matters are to be referred to the Oyster helpline (at least on an 03xx
number now)

This isn't TfF's staff forum, can we have a translation please

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_...ound_ticketing shows the
ticket machine types. A moment's Googling found the other two.

Richard.
Old May 7th 14, 07:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

"Steve Fitzgerald" ] wrote in message
In message , Paul Corfield
writes

The only POMs that a member of staff can currently sign on to is the
AFM;
the others need a hardware update before they can cope.

The CSA can currently resolve the last unresolved journey, cancel an
entry-exit (if someone leaves the system), add certain cards to the
Oyster
(Bus-Tram pass, Jobseeker) and set the registered flag for a previously
registered card. I understand more options are to follow but all other
matters are to be referred to the Oyster helpline (at least on an 03xx
number now)

This isn't TfF's staff forum, can we have a translation please

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_...ound_ticketing shows the
ticket machine types.

Thanks

A moment's Googling found the other two.

It wasn't even clear that one of the other two wasn't another type of
machine

tim

Old May 7th 14, 10:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, May 06, 2014 at 04:56:56PM +0200, tim..... wrote:
wrote:
I thought the point was to redeploy staff in ticket hall areas and that
one of their activities would be to help in cases like this?

Whatever TfL says there's not going to be one helper per ticket machine

True, but there will still be more helpers per customer.

This is why I am an interested party, as an occasional user of the
system I normally top up my oyster at a machine and I don't want to
have to queue up behind a coach load of technophobes!

If you need to visit a ticket office now you already have that
opportunity.

I think you misunderstand

I currently use the machine because all the numpties are in the queue for
the manned counter(s)

If there's no manned counter, I'm going to be behind the numpties

Unless you use auto-topup.

--
David Cantrell | top google result for "internet beard fetish club"

Blessed are the pessimists, for they test their backups
Old May 7th 14, 12:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

k...
wrote:
I thought the point was to redeploy staff in ticket hall areas and that
one of their activities would be to help in cases like this?

Whatever TfL says there's not going to be one helper per ticket machine

True, but there will still be more helpers per customer.

Eh

(I presume that you mean, than now? - no, that can't be right. If everybody
who was previously in the TO was now to be out front helping customers use
the machines, there wouldn't be any scope redundancies nor any union gripes
about people having to move locations, change shift patterns. etc)

If there's no manned counter, I'm going to be behind the numpties

Unless you use auto-topup.

As someone who sometimes doesn't use his card for a year at a time the
trigger point and the minimum top up are far too high. (It's ridiculous to
treat me like a child and assume that I might - without realising it, want
to use my card to go to Watford and thus need the fare to there to be
available. I only ever use my card for Z1 or a bus ride or two because, as
an out of Towner, if I want to use London PT for more than that I will have
bought an out boundary TC in the first place)

tim