Old July 16th 14, 05:28 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Rail minister Stephen Hammond out

On 16/07/2014 09:16, Recliner wrote:
Ken Ward wrote:
On 15/07/2014 08:02, Recliner wrote:

I'd never heard of him, but my heart sank, too, when I read his bio. But
with his huntin, shootin and fishin background, perhaps he's regarded as
someone suitable to sell HS2 to rural Tory constituencies?

Or HS1 (well, Eurostar) to the French.

No, the UK Eurostar interest has been transferred from the DfT to the
Treasury to avoid any conflict of interest when choosing the next EC TOC.

There was talk of HMG flogging it at the end of last year.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/0...A241XC20140305
--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK

Out of station NR interchanges: to touch out or not? Rupert Candy[_2_] London Transport 3 January 2nd 10 01:16 PM
Stephen Parascandolo Arthur Figgis London Transport 6 October 21st 07 12:09 PM
New Prime Minister - New Transport Policy? Adrian Auer-Hudson, MIMIS London Transport 28 June 28th 07 11:34 PM
Stephen Parascandolo London Transport 2 February 14th 07 11:30 PM
Stephen Parascandolo Clive D. W. Feather London Transport 20 February 10th 07 04:51 PM