Old July 14th 14, 08:42 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Rail minister Stephen Hammond out

So, another reshuffle, and another new rail minister to come in, as Stephen
Hammond goes. He was responsible for Rail (including operational issues,
major projects, fares and ticketing, Rail Delivery Group Reform,
franchising), London (including Crossrail), Maritime, Better Regulation and
Corporate

Old July 15th 14, 12:52 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Recliner wrote:
Paul Harley wrote:
On Mon, 14 Jul 2014 15:42:41, Recliner
wrote:
So, another reshuffle, and another new rail minister to come in, as Stephen
Hammond goes. He was responsible for Rail (including operational issues,
major projects, fares and ticketing, Rail Delivery Group Reform,
franchising), London (including Crossrail), Maritime, Better Regulation and
Corporate

Who is replacing him?

We'll find out tomorrow. Today we just hear about who's going, tomorrow we
find out who takes over. All the departures are male, middle-aged or older.
Many of the incomers will be female and younger, so it could well be a
woman. Probably not going to be anyone with an interest in transport.

Now rumoured to be traditional-values John Hayes, definitely not young or
female, and with no obvious interest in transport:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_...ish_politician)
Old July 15th 14, 03:14 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Mon, 14 Jul 2014 19:52:41 -0500, Recliner
wrote:

wrote:
So, another reshuffle, and another new rail minister to come in, as Stephen
Hammond goes. He was responsible for Rail (including operational issues,
major projects, fares and ticketing, Rail Delivery Group Reform,
franchising), London (including Crossrail), Maritime, Better Regulation and
Corporate

Who is replacing him?

We'll find out tomorrow. Today we just hear about who's going, tomorrow we
find out who takes over. All the departures are male, middle-aged or older.
Many of the incomers will be female and younger, so it could well be a
woman. Probably not going to be anyone with an interest in transport.

Now rumoured to be traditional-values John Hayes, definitely not young or
female, and with no obvious interest in transport:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_...ish_politician)

"The Cornerstone Group is a socially conservative or traditional
conservative political organisation within the British Conservative
Party.[1] The Group espouses traditional values as exemplified by its
motto: Faith, Flag, and Family."

I'm saying nothing.
Old July 15th 14, 07:02 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

wrote:

wrote:
[...]

I'd never heard of him, but my heart sank, too, when I read his bio. But
with his huntin, shootin and fishin background, perhaps he's regarded as
someone suitable to sell HS2 to rural Tory constituencies?
Old July 15th 14, 08:48 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 15/07/14 08:02, Recliner wrote:

I'd never heard of him, but my heart sank, too, when I read his bio. But
with his huntin, shootin and fishin background, perhaps he's regarded as
someone suitable to sell HS2 to rural Tory constituencies?

christ I hate politics - and politicians...

I sometimes dream of a utopia where people say down and said: What is
best to do next?

And people who knew their field were in charge of such things.

And adversarial politics were non existent.

Old July 15th 14, 11:56 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In uk.railway Recliner wrote:
Now rumoured to be traditional-values John Hayes, definitely not young or
female, and with no obvious interest in transport:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_...ish_politician)

Confirmed as John Hayes, who also continues as Cabinet Office Minister

PUS Transport is Clare Perry.

Theo
Old July 15th 14, 09:41 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 15/07/2014 09:48, Tim Watts wrote:

christ I hate politics - and politicians...

I sometimes dream of a utopia where people say down and said: What is
best to do next?

Which is what politics is...

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK
Old July 16th 14, 07:55 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 15/07/2014 01:52, Recliner wrote:

Now rumoured to be traditional-values John Hayes, definitely not young or
female, and with no obvious interest in transport:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_...ish_politician)

From Wiki.....

He was briefly a spokesman on transport following the 2005 general
election before being moved by David Cameron later in 2005.

KW

Old July 16th 14, 07:56 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 15/07/2014 08:02, Recliner wrote:

I'd never heard of him, but my heart sank, too, when I read his bio. But
with his huntin, shootin and fishin background, perhaps he's regarded as
someone suitable to sell HS2 to rural Tory constituencies?

Or HS1 (well, Eurostar) to the French.
Old July 16th 14, 08:16 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Ken Ward wrote:
On 15/07/2014 08:02, Recliner wrote:

I'd never heard of him, but my heart sank, too, when I read his bio. But
with his huntin, shootin and fishin background, perhaps he's regarded as
someone suitable to sell HS2 to rural Tory constituencies?

Or HS1 (well, Eurostar) to the French.

No, the UK Eurostar interest has been transferred from the DfT to the
Treasury to avoid any conflict of interest when choosing the next EC TOC.

Out of station NR interchanges: to touch out or not? Rupert Candy[_2_] London Transport 3 January 2nd 10 01:16 PM
Stephen Parascandolo Arthur Figgis London Transport 6 October 21st 07 12:09 PM
New Prime Minister - New Transport Policy? Adrian Auer-Hudson, MIMIS London Transport 28 June 28th 07 11:34 PM
Stephen Parascandolo London Transport 2 February 14th 07 11:30 PM
Stephen Parascandolo Clive D. W. Feather London Transport 20 February 10th 07 04:51 PM