Old November 3rd 14, 01:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default TfL to possibly buy 200 extra New Bus for London

On Sun, 02 Nov 2014 23:22:27 +0000
Mizter T wrote:
Given this is utl, I feel compelled to point out that the latter comment
is a rather 'north of the river' centric one - third-rail railways and
snow aren't a great combination!

OTOH the third rail doesn't have a habit of falling down in high winds!
Its a pity we don't use underside 3rd rail in this country more as then the
snow issue would be solved plus higher voltages could be used to boot. I think
the DLR is the only system in britain that uses it.

--
Spud

Old November 3rd 14, 10:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2014-11-02 23:22:27 +0000, Mizter T said:

Given this is utl, I feel compelled to point out that the latter
comment is a rather 'north of the river' centric one - third-rail
railways and snow aren't a great combination!

Indeed not, though OHLE and high winds (and falling trees!) also don't
mix, whereas wind doesn't itself affect third rail, and once the tree
has been removed it usually remains undamaged.

Neil
--
Neil Williams

Old November 3rd 14, 10:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2014-11-03 12:40:30 +0000, David Cantrell said:

My apologies for not pointing out the humourous intent behind my
message. I didn't think it was necessary. I forgot that this was the
internet.

In all seriousness (ish), I can't see the tone of your voice in plain
text, hence the existence of smileys...

Neil
--
Neil Williams