Old February 23rd 04, 11:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default oyster unresolved journey

How do I get one of these unresolved journeys, please :-) I've never
seen one yet and I sometimes interchange between the tube and DLR so
would have expected to get one when doing this. How long does it take
for an "entry" to expire, if you know what I mean?

I've had one since 3 Feb still on the card, when I took WAGN from
Liverpool Street to Walthamstow and forgot to use the platform oyster
validator.

It's hasn't blocked any gates for me though - it just shows up when I
look at the history via a ticket machine.

I've had problems with the WAGN gates at Liverpool Street as well -
the problem is if you use your Oyster Travelcard in conjunction with a
paper extension to a station outside Zone 6.

You go through the WAGN gates at Liverpool Street using the Oyster -
you are now 'in'. You go and do your work in Bishop Stortford, or
Cambridge, or wherever, after showing your paper extension to the
station staff there to get out without being penalty faired.

You then come back into Liverpool Street and try to use your Oyster to
get out of the system. Unfortunately it won't let you, and the barrier
staff can't / won't tell if you've got a valid ticket. The unstarted
journey ending at Liverpool Street WAGN is then stuck on you card,
which means you can't get into Liverpool Street Underground.

The only way that the station staff have so far managed to clear this
has been to add money to my pre-pay balance. I (and they) don't know
how it works, but it does. So in a way LUL are paying for the
inconvenience caused to me by WAGN.

Doesn't stop me getting hit by the gates. though, which hurts.

Matt

www.fornogoodreason.org.uk