Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 6th 15, 03:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Amateur tube map

Mostly I like it.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...t_temp_cc4.svg

Apparently the author lives in Hong Kong, but I don't know if he has
spent time in London.

What's with New Bermondsey? Is the station on Surrey Canal Road going to
happen? I thought that was going to be called Deptford Park?

The portrayal of London Fields and Cambridge Heath is poor... while it
does sort of show that the Chingford trains don't stop there, it is far
from clear. That the Shenfield trains don't call at Bethnal Green is not
exactly clear either.

I'm not sure showing Battersea Park but failing to show Croxley -
Rickmansworth can be justified when the service level is comparable.

The Emerson Park shuttle has a different portrayal on the map and in the
key.

As for the split at Camden Town, I thought they usually ran Edgware
Trains via Bank, when not running the normal service.... but if he's
implying that the lines will be split when the Battersea extension
opens, AFAIK he is wrong.

Curious messages also come up if you hover over random stations!

Tube Map Kat London Transport 33 January 31st 04 10:52 PM
Large Print Tube Map John Rowland London Transport 6 January 13th 04 08:18 PM
Eastenders on the Map Was:Tube Map Jim Brown London Transport 7 January 10th 04 06:22 PM
3D Tube map Dave Arquati London Transport 5 November 19th 03 12:13 PM
Credit card sized tube map... Chris London Transport 17 August 10th 03 02:26 PM