Old July 14th 16, 05:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default How TfL show problems on the Overground in Status Updates map

When part of the Overground is suspended or subject to delays the Status
Update map seems now to highlight the whole of the network rather than
just the part(s) affected. See eg:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/00mj9n3a1s...tatus.PNG?dl=0

I'm sure it used not to be like this.

Is it just my system* or do others see the same? If the latter, could
it really be deliberate?

*Firefox 47.0.1 in Windows 10 64 bit
--
Robin

Old July 14th 16, 10:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Robin wrote:

When part of the Overground is suspended or subject to delays the
Status Update map seems now to highlight the whole of the network
rather than just the part(s) affected. See eg:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/00mj9n3a1s...tatus.PNG?dl=0

I'm sure it used not to be like this.

Is it just my system* or do others see the same? If the latter,
could it really be deliberate?

*Firefox 47.0.1 in Windows 10 64 bit

I don't think that is the normal behaviour, probably whoever entered
the delay ticked the wrong box.

What do you see if you go to the status updates for this weekend? For
me only the lines actually closed are highlighted.

Peter Smyth
Old July 15th 16, 08:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 14/07/2016 23:03, Peter Smyth wrote:
I don't think that is the normal behaviour, probably whoever entered
the delay ticked the wrong box.

Well it was "normal behaviour" for me in the sense that it was what I'd
seen 3 times in a row when there were problems with the Overground. But
I went there to check the weekend in response to your helpful suggestion
only to find there are currently problems on the NLL and it is only that
line which is highlighted.

I've always been a believer in Sod's law so I don't know why she's out
to get me

--
Robin
Old July 15th 16, 09:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 15/07/2016 00:44, Paul Corfield wrote:

The normal practice is to show the section or line affected. Sometimes
a mistake is made that causes the entire overground network to be
highlighted. I've no idea what the underlying issue is but it usually
gets corrected suggesting a bit of a dash to put the initial problem
into the display system and then it gets fine tuned.

OK thanks.

Obviously
getting it right first time is the right answer!

Ah yes, I am sure TfL unions have embraced Kaizen

--
Robin